He has been given 6 mths to live if he doesn't stop drinking. He is in a band and drinks at every practice and performance to stop stage fright. We had an arguement the other night about me not wanting to go to a gig. The truth is I can't stand watching him drink himself rotten on stage. He got really defensive about this and doesn't seem to understand
elljaybeen elljaybeen 41-45, F 6 Answers Jun 8 in Health

He understands perfectly. He's addicted. You can't argue him out of it. You just have to let go. I know you hate hearing this more than anything but it is the truth. Love him if you love him, but you cannot control him. He may only live 6 months but he is making that choice everyday and it's out of your hands.

Best Answer

Intervention.

Best Answer

yeah - I would not blame you for that, but I see that he most certainly has feelings for you and your being there for him. You are his life. (otherwise there would not have been an argument)<br />
How can you help to save his life from such an early grave? that is something only he can do himself - really. You can be there for him, support him encourage him, nudge him, (no don't badger him - just gentle nudges)... He seems to need move convincing (form others or a different source). These suggestions need to be both shuttle yet blatant. Yes it will be an uphill battle that you will need support from the friends of both of you.<br />
Oh, and there is power in prayer - don't forget to pray. We humans can only go so far and do so much alone.

Best Answer

You can't you either accept it or walk, nothing is more important than his drinking not his life or you.

Best Answer

Plan his funeral with him watching and cry a lot in front of him. If he is to stupid to stop on his own you can do nothing for him.

Best Answer