I can't seem to please him, he is always onto me about something, yells at me, is very mean tempered, yet he doesn't cheat, drink and provides a good home. Is he just terribly unhappy? I know others have it worse, but it getsme down, I always thought I would have a happy marriage.
sadsue12 sadsue12 51-55 12 Answers Feb 10, 2011

If it's worth it to you, talk to him and perhaps get professional help.<br />
If nothing works, he refuses to change, or refuses to see the problems, you might need to leave. There is nothing in the world that'll be able to "keep you going" when somebody is destroying you. <br />
I left a man like that. He was everything but physically abusive, but I was beginning to see the person I was changing into and the person I would HAVE to change into to try to appease the temper of a man like that, and I couldn't let myself sustain the damage. Of course, my husband wouldn't acknowledge his behavior as being that bad, or the effect on me at all, and I could see that his family was not behind me on this one either, and that I was alone, so, I left. Best of luck!

Best Answer

Heres how you can freak him out and make him feel REALLY guilty at the same time; next time he does those things just hug him, say "i love you...", and then whisper into his ear "... and i forgive you 1) for your evil actions or 2) for harming me and the children " pick whichever you think would work better<br />
or you could get a hidden camera and record it for youtube<br />
or just call the cops and have him arrested<br />
whichever suits you best

Best Answer

truly there are problems with your marriage, he has anger issue and something is bothering him, I would see if he is willing to try counseling. see if he wants to work on the relationship try not to blame him but approach it as WE may need help WE need to figure out whats wrong. Make sure he knows you not trying to fix blame but mend the relationship, tell him all the positives you mentioned to us that is certainly a god foundation to build on. At the very least you will see if he wants things to improve. If not then you should think about your other options. Hey divorce is not the end of the world.

Best Answer

That's mental abuse mam and would you want your children to think it's okay. THere's tons of help now for women with kids. Go get some. Send him on his way. He stays and does it because you allow it. I don't tolerate people who treat me crappy any more-even if it's family. Lifes been alot more enjoyable

Best Answer

Remind yourself you deserve better, gather the kids, and keep going right out the door. He's abusing you emotionally, and verbally. Physical abuse may be next. Leave. Get counseling. Insist he get counseling before you consider working it out.

Best Answer

Communication is key here. As you mention he is not all that bad in otherways like u said. So just dont give up on ur relationship that easily but try to work on it. talk to him, make him aware that what he is doing is hurting you. all the very best and hugs

Best Answer

I don't think he is going to stop being like he is, even if you talk to him. He needs a hard lesson and that is you leaving with the kids. Get out of there! I know it will be scary, but you have to do it.

Best Answer

Sadly, your self esteem is pretty low if you allow him to treat you like that. He has no right. If he is unhappy or angry it's his responsibility to say so. Don't not ask him because he might get mad. He already is. You don't deserve to be treated like that. So big deal he doesn't cheat or drink. That doesn't make it ok to be abusive.

Best Answer

You keep going out the door with your kids behind you. <br />
This is not a healthy environment for kids nor is it an example of a good family for them to emulate in their lives.<br />
Get your husband into counseling. If he refuses, you need to make some hard decisions.

Best Answer

You can let him know how it makes you feel when he treats you and the kids the way he does. Let him know that you are no longer going to put up with it and if he continues to mistreat you and the kids that you are going to leave. Then if he doesn't stop pack up the kids and leave. That just might be the wake up call he needs to know that you and the kids deserve better and change his ways. If he doesn't then you and the kids are better off without him. You can also try to get him to get some therapy to find out why he is so unhappy and help him deal with his emotions so he won't be mean to you and the kids.

Best Answer