I am highly ashamed of myself, and would like to lose weight. I am 14 years old, and I have really low self-confidence. My friends often call me out to go to the mall with them, but I never go because I feel that I dont look pretty, or nice, and that I dont deserve to be in a place with such pretty people. My friends, and other people in my school, are really pretty, and I am so jealous. I really want to lose weight, so I can get self-confidence. I am on a mission, sort of, to improve my confidence in me. I am now 155 pounds at the age of 14, and it is soo embarrasing. Everything I wear, looks ugly on me. My parents, cant afford to keep buying me more and more clothes, just because of my weight gaining, and I need to wear the clothes I already have. I am 155 pounds as I mentioned before, and I want to be 95 pounds. Also, it has been 2 years since my first period, and I am 5'2, and want to be 5'5, do I have any chance of growing taller anymore? My parents are 5'6 and 5'4. Please, only serious answers, I have never cared about anything more than this. I need to lose weight. So: My questions are, Do I have any chance of losing 60 pounds? And, can I ever become 5'5 still? What should I do to lose weight and grow taller? Also, I am a vegetarian, so I do eat a lot of greens. Thank you so much.
glee12 glee12 13-15 19 Answers Dec 30, 2012 in Health

get into yoga that will encourage your body to stretch. Stay away from fatty foods.<br />
you don't have to go vegetarian if you don't want to! Also stay away from cows milk it was meant for cows not humans. There is rice milk, coconut milk. 95 lbs isn't a good weight that's unhealthy. 125 would be a more reasonable goal

Best Answer

yeah listen to aquarius3 she has the idea. go for the coconut milk! and like she said 125 is more reasonable, set small goals.

Best Answer

oh, ya. i kind of have to be vegetarian due to religion, so that is not a problem. and thank you for the suggestions. i agree, maybe 95 could be unhealthy, but I am trying to push myself to be 100 pounds. i really want to get there, but, first i will try to get to 125. is soy milk as healthy?

Best Answer

Losing weight too fast is not healthy. It has to be at a steady pace. The first thing you need to ask yourself is what are you doing to contribute to this weight. Are you not active? Do you eat the wrong things? Do you have maybe some genetic history of weight gaining? Be honest with yourself.<br />
The one thing I can tell you is lay off the sugars, like juices and sodas. Those are what REALLY get people. You can have every once and while, but not back to back. I would start walking, at least around the park or a track for about thirty minutes, but don't overdue it. Try lifting weights. Sit on the edge of the bed and lift your legs. There are also tons of exercise videos on YouTube.<br />
As far as height, it could depend on your genetics, it could depend on if you're feeding your body enough resources to help you grow. I was just speaking with someone about stretching exercises like yoga that can help you grow, BUT it's not a lot. Just a few inches. I've done research on this and kept getting the same results. You're only 14, your body is still adjusting and growing.<br />
Start hanging out with your friends more. Life is not about impressing people with body image, especially if they are close-minded to judge you ba<x>sed on your weight. They don't deseve the time of day. The more you reject spending time with them, the more you might push them away, and then you'll have no one to hang out with. They are your friends, they can care less what size you are

Best Answer

Wow. This is an amazing answer! It has so much details and it explains everything really well! Awesome job.
I don't have a genetic history, but I have been overweight since I was like one. I do eat a lot of junk food though. Thanks for the advice and suggestions, especially the last paragraph, it was inspiring.

Best Answer

No prob. And another thing, try Yogurt and fruits. But not too much becuase I know fruits have sugar in it to. But I read that when you eat a grapefruit with every meal, I think it absorbs some fat or helps you lose weight. Make sure you have your daily intake of water. That is also very important! :)

Best Answer

It's hard if you have a slow metabolism (I do, I put on weight really easily). <br />
The best way to lose weight is (duh) eat less and exercise. Eat vegetarian or vegan as much as you can, and stay away from stuff in packages. Processed food with sugar makes you put on weight. No sugar at all if you can help it.

Best Answer

Same, I just eat a couple chips, and I gain a pound. But, my sister on the other hand, eats all the junk she wants, and she is 50 pounds at the age of 11. It sounds ridiculous, but its true. Thanks for the advice.

Best Answer

Women can wear high heels when they get older which will add 2 inches, you are 14 so of course you will continue to grow. 95 pounds is an unhealthy weight, it is too skinny, if you make little changes like eating less junk food, stop snacking(very important) and do a little exercise it will happen.

Best Answer

Thank you. Great advice, and you put it in a really nice way, without being rude or anything. :)

Best Answer

Are you kidding me? Have you seen some of the ogres at the mall? Either way, you might want to consider stopping with the vegetarian thing. <br />
No longer eat anything from a package unless it's frozen organic fruits and vegetables. Stop eating all grains, and you'll drop tons of weight on that factor alone. Eat fruits, vegetables, meat, nuts, and seeds. Cut out all dairy and sugars. <br />
Drink only (and lots of) water and tea. <br />
Start exercising at least a half hour to an hour a day with rotating aerobics one day and muscular exercises the next. You should stick with these factors as a lifestyle change instead of a momentary diet fad.

Best Answer

I have to be vegetarian, because of religion, but shouldn't it actually help? Even if I could change it, why would you say I should? Does eating meat help in any way? Ok, I will try to slowly start cutting out junk food, and proccessed food.

Best Answer

Oh, if it's for religious reasons then keep at it. It's just that eating meat provides you with iron and protein which the body needs. There are other means of getting it of course but it's an easier source to obtain.

Best Answer

Eating the right kinds of meats provides you with necessary fats as well, the kinds we use for energy. But like I said, there are other sources for that.

Best Answer

Ok, thank you! I can eat eggs, just nothing that used to move around before being cooked. Like no fish, chicken, pork etc. etc.

Best Answer

No problem, I wish you good luck! Hope things work out.

Best Answer

Thank you! I wish you good luck also, in whatever you are seeking in your life. :)

Best Answer

aaaawww. i was your size and height when i was your age. i used a rebounder to lose weight and would do belly binding with plastic wrap. i was really desparate to be thin. i would also go to dance and played tennis. just stay busy, but if you can get out of the house every day, just ask your parent to buy you a rebounder and some weights. take in more protein and dont eat too many carbs, being a vegetarian will get you no where in weight loss if you dont get the right amount of protein.

Best Answer

Thanks, man. This was some good advice. But, what is a rebounder. Also I have to be a vegetarian, because of religion, so I have been a vegetarian my whole life. I can eat eggs though, to get protein.

Best Answer

no you dont have to eat meat. just eat beans it protein. theres plenty of ways to be creative with beans, you can make anything including veggie burgers and also nuts have protein.

Best Answer

Just say no to every thing. You can't lose if your still chowing down! I just lost 60 fatas pounds! Feels great! It comes down to this: what's more important? Eating as usual. Or trimming down to what you want? Does your mouth control your life? Or does your mind control? It's up to you! Good luck kiddo. PS running jumping and all that athletic stuff is good but it's how you exercise your jaw

Best Answer

Yeah, I actually eat very little, but most of what I eat is junk food. It just tastes so darn good, but I know, I have to stop. I will try to control myself. Thanks.

Best Answer

Start walking (4 miles a day), eat smart and nutritious meals 3-5 times a day.

Best Answer

You have every chance of getting down to that weight. I'm 13, 5"2.5, anorexic, and 85 pounds. I'll give you ALL the tips on how to get your weight down FAST, but only if you promise yourself to go no lower than 100 pounds because its underweight for your height and I don't want you to turn out anorexic and underweight. I know its only a few pounds difference, but thats how I started out. <br />
First of all, these tips are temporary - to get your weight down quickly, but don't live by them. A simple calorie cycle is good - I used one which goes day1 600 cal, day2 500 cal, day3 400 cal, day4 300 cal, then it repeats. This tricks your metabolism into thinking that you're NOT starving yourself. WARNING: it is NOT easy; you'll get cravings for food you love, you'll be dizzy and faint, your heart will be a little irregular. Also, you won't be used to it, so here's how you can start off; 100,900,800,700,900,800,700,600,800,700,600,500,700,600,500,400,600,500,400,300, and then go into my one. This'll ease you into it. Another good diet is the ABC, but it's EXTREMELY hard, involves fasting on some days, and its a 40 day complex cycle which i really can't be bothered to type out. Google it if you want more details although I DONT RECOMMEND IT.<br />
Do a lot of excersise ; mainly crunches - alternate side crunches are good for legs stomach and ar$e. youtube tutorials will show you how to do them correctly. Sit ups are good - 50 in a row just before bed will get you losing weight really fast. Be sure not to do too many situps as they put muscle on your stomach, and muscle weighs more than fat. Good luck!!

Best Answer

You will grow. Women grow until we are about 18, and it sounds like you have a few inches left in you. As for losing weight, keep yourself active and avoid foods that are high in carbohydrates. Eat lean protein and vegetables, and not too much fruit. Fruit has lots of sugar in it. Don't put heavy restrictions on yourself because then you'll be prone to binge. You're probably in high school right? Make sure you participate in P.E. Try to walk briskly to your classes. If you think it's a metabolism problem talk to your doctor about it. And by the way, I was 140lbs and 5'1 at 14 and I was not at all fat. If your friends are wanting you to go out with them then they aren't ashamed of you. It could be all in your head.

Best Answer

Thank you, great advice. I am in high school, freshman year actually, and we have to participate in P.E, like it's mandatory, so I do that. And, I don't know, no one really thinks I'm fat, but they do think I could lose a little weight. My friends aren't ashamed of me, I am ashamed of myself. Luckily, I have about 4 years left, to grow in height if what you are saying is correct. Thank you!

Best Answer

i tried to loose weight too but there's no fast way i'm starting a diet without bread and potato since they are my favorite food and i do sports 1 hour a day i tried that and now i'm loosing weight why don't you try to cut some fatty food from your system that way you would lose weight

Best Answer

OK first relax hun, this isn't the end of the world.. the good news are<br />
1. you are young your metabolism works great<br />
2. you can change yourself<br />
now do some exercises stretching, cardio like jogging and some other things you can find for free on the internet and you will get taller.<br />
regarding the weight, kg come and go.. try to avoid food with sugar and fats and you will see a difference, Also minimize the portion of food you consume if they are big. Follow a healthy life style with a lot of veggies (Whoa! What else would a vegan say, right?) and do a work out 3-4 times per week. Also drink water and sleep well.<br />
It's so easy to lose weight.. everyone is beautiful.. see the inner truth of everything not the surface.

Best Answer

There is only ONE proven way to lose weight in the entire world... Burn off more calories than you consume. Staying inside will not burn as many calories as doing some activity, so go out and do something.<br />
It will also help to watch what you eat. Even with a lot of exercise, losing weight is slower when you eat cupcakes for breakfast. Eat healthy, exercise and the pounds will fall off of you.

Best Answer

Try this it works. You loose 10 - 14 lbs a week on it. Personally i do two weeks on and one off<br />
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~jajoo/gmdiet.html

Best Answer

smoke weed

Best Answer

You just have to eat smaller portions and some exercise. I have to lose weight for my sisters wedding.

Best Answer

breath helium/..

Best Answer