I live in Massachusetts, I only have my GED, and not many close friends. I want to work so bad, I feel so trapped in my apt all day. I want to give my daughter &I a better life & teach her to be independant..I don't know where to start! I don't want to be dependant on the governments money (I get SSI & food stamps) & do nothing for the rest of my life! I'm into arts & crafts, I'm creative, I have internet access, all the "Work at home" jobs turn out to be scams & I don't know where to look or who to talk to, please, if you can help, let me know, I'd be so grateful! Thank you for reading this!
singlemomneedshelp singlemomneedshelp 26-30, F 14 Answers Jun 3, 2012

Tried ebay? Make something and sell it. People will buy anything. UPS will pick up your package at your home and deliver it. They also give you free boxes and they deliver those too.

Best Answer

It's a very long and slow process but at least it is not a scam...

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

Best Answer

I just got scammed out of thousands. They are getting tricky out there. Using a bunch of websites that dont look related and really written well to make you think its exactly what youre looking for. ANY Opportunity needs to be checked out. I did, and it turned out all the different sites I went to about this company, was actually written by the company. Thats how good they are getting. Its a very long story but to sum it up...check out your opportunity at www.ripoffreports.com before you buy anything. Its legit and free and written by consumer.

Best Answer

You can babysit for a neighbor, friend or family members or go to www.craiglist.org and post an ad.

Best Answer

Try Arise.com - They train and hire you to do custmer service work (answering telphones) for alot of big companies in the US, and curremtly, for Rogers in Canada,

There's a 4 month course,that you do over the internet so far it's free, and if you pass, you get $1000..., Then you get assigned companies you will do service work for over the phone.

You may find you have to upgrade your computer to a minimum 4 Gigs of Ram, and you have to purchase the head set and link-up sysyem - about $80.00.

I thin the amount you're paid is based on the company you work for and what your skill level is, but I believe it ranges fro $12 to $17 dollars perhour.

I did the course With Arise to service a client here in Canada, and I passed the course. When I strtaed out I had the impression that most of the work would be helping customers to reconcile their bills and account usage, but later found that the real focus of the job was to sell phone a serice upgrades, and that's just not what I wanted to do.

I Canada, these was onlt the one client, Rogers Communications, but in the states you'll have an opportunity to work with alot of different companies.

Best Answer

Oh you are so lucky to have talent in arts and crafts!! You could make and sell on ebay or start your own website as others suggested and sell from there. There are free templates to get you started. Doing something you love while making money=success. Get your daughter involved a little with shipping etc. You will be instilling good values, spending time with your daughter and making money. You can't lose!

Best Answer

3 ideas for you:

1. If you're into arts and crafts - you may build online store and try to sell them. Use wordpress + ecwid.com - to make it happen

2. If you're a good writer and passionate about writing - start a blog and write about whatever interests you. Attract readership and then sell advertising on your site. This is slower, but could be powerful.

3. If you know something (have a skill, know how to solve problems other people might have) - you may start a membership website (use wordpress + memberwing plugin) and either sell access to your premium pages or write and sell ebook that explains people how to solve certain problem or achieve certain result that you already done yourself.

Lots of people do not realize that they possess tons of useful skills, experience and information that many other people would be willing to pay for to learn "how to".

Website is a way to market yourself and you may get free Google adwords credit ($100 or so) to advertize your new site/products.

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for your answer! What is ecwid? Are these both programs that I'd have to buy or download? Another point I didn't make is I would obviously have to have some money to start up with or for materials-but I don't even have $20 I could give up right now..

Best Answer

You may start with free blog at blogger.com and build free online store using free ecwid.com account. Ecwid is an online store building system.
Using blogger.com + ecwid.com would allow you to launch fully functional online store for free.
Obviously you need to learn how to do that first - but there are tons of free online resources.

Best Answer

That's novel-

Best Answer

There are things you can do. All the information you could possibly need on how to write software is on the internet. If you learn to use basic software programming languages then you can make apps for devices. My uncle made a load of apps for all sorts of things and pulls in a very sizeable amount of money from it. Last I spoke to him he was getting about $5000 /month from them in total.

Best Answer

You could blog, write E-books, Build an Ebay store, do affiliate marketing. It takes time, but there are several options.

Best Answer

If you are seriously willing to put the effort in them maybe you should look at setting up a dropshipping company. I have heard good things about esources for getting good supplier leads and I believe they can even help you set up your website.

Best Answer

I have been looking and all I fall on is a scam.

Best Answer