c62tt9h c62tt9h 46-50, F 15 Answers Apr 13, 2012

If you have different beliefs than your pastor, perhaps you need to find a different church, one that fits your beliefs?

Best Answer

Don't even try. he's the one who's lost because he's incapable of understanding other people. If he can't do that he's no business calling himself a priest. He's not just blinkered as our local calculus enthusiast says, he wants to run others' lives.

Some respondents have suggested going to a different church - but they assume you are religious. You don't say if you are or not, but either way you don't have to take any rubbish from "pastors". Do they have any theological education including a deep study or other religions and sects?

Don't forget - you can believe in a god if you like, improvable though that god is; but that's not the same as believing a scripture - its author(s)' own beliefs - or a priest - who may have ulterior motives.

Best Answer

That will only work if he respects other peoples' beliefs.

If he believes that everyone with different beliefs than him is lost, you would be wasting your breath to even try

Best Answer

My father in law told me that he felt sorry for me and my kids cause we're gonna burn in hell cause my hubby wont go to church with him i simply told him that if he believes that then he has a differrent god then i do also reminded him about though shall not judge or pass judgement

Best Answer

What exactly are your different beliefs?

Best Answer

The church I belong to is very conservative. I am not so much. I believe that it is a person's relationship with Jesus Christ that does or does not a person a Christian. He believes only people who are reformed are saved.

Best Answer

Romans 10:9-10 NIV

Best Answer

You can't. this is the biggest problem with some religious people. They have closed thier Minds to everything except what they want to believe. no amount of Logic,Reason,Common sense,will convince them, because they refuse to accept anything but what they deem to be right.

Best Answer

I doubt you can...that's usually a sign that the person doesn't have an open mind so I would suggest getting a different church if it bothers you.

Best Answer

"do or not do. there is no try" - yoda

Best Answer

Tell that a$$hole that you have feelings and beliefs just like he does... And as a pastor, he needs to respect them... If he is a man of God, he will, and if not, it will expose him for the phony that he is... Either way, you make your point..

Best Answer

You never will, they are so blinkered they can only see one thing, and are not open to other ideas, youre not lost, you just have a compass that works and his dosent

Best Answer

What topics do you differ in opinion than him?

Best Answer