Its evident that my husband does not care about christmas, he grew up celebrated christmas with the tree and gifts under it. But somehow he doesnt get it. Still no tree set up, he gave our daughter a bunch of second hand toys from someone else child tday, we are able to afford toys he has no class at all. Last christmas he put the tree outside no gifts no christmas shopping, nothing it was my first year in this country and that was the impression i was given that italians dont celebrate christmas, he didnt buy food so i could make a christmas dinner at least, the whole day was depressing , and the only my daughter got was a half broken toy wand from her aunt and grandparents his family. i dont understand this weirdo tradition, i know italians are mostly catholic and they celebrate christmas, in some type of way. he cant convince me that they do nothing on christmas. and this year its another repeat. he wont allow me to handle any money , im forced to just accept it and let him do wtevr
BrighterDaze BrighterDaze 18-21, F 2 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Community

I'm sorry you and your children are going thru this. Did you know this about your husband before you got married? I could not stay with a man like this if he did that to my family. I hope you find someone better.

Best Answer

no, and he cant say he didnt grow up doing christmas when the picture are there. we did christmas together before we had kids but we were home in the u.s we just put a tree up and decorated it then had a christmas dinner. he seemed more normal in the u.s. his family they do live a little on the savage side here, theyre not as integrated into the society of today, theyre very old but they do put up a tree inside and decorate and believe in doing gifts. i dont understand him

Best Answer

Where are you living now? In Italy? I have relatives in Italy, and xmas is a big celebration there. Good luck to you.

Best Answer

yeah i dont understand whats with this particular household. i see festive lights outside the neighborhood lit up and well decorated. im so sure italians celebrate christmas. i just dont know whats with this family. every holiday was bland with him and his family to be honest. and birthdays they dont even know about birthday cakes with candles and how important they are. these people are strange. they dont do music at parties. i know im black sometimes we can be a little over the top, but i was raised in an italian community. i know theyre a little different from people here but not this different.

Best Answer

wow, that's incredible. You can still enjoy the holidays with your kids, take them out to see the scenery, read them xmas books, watch xmas movies with them. What city in Italy are you in? My relatives are in Rome.

Best Answer

oh thats probably why theyre a little bit more festive, i live in the emilia romagna region near florence. the culture i guess is a little different. and that sounds like a good idea. i will probably take them out to the city center to see the lights, then sit them down to watch christmas movies. thank God for youtube! lol

Best Answer