It is like a light has gone out inside of me. parts of me has died. I just want to give up. I miss relationships in my life. I dont know what my purpose is anymore. I become stuck in my thinking patterns. I have frequent memories of how my life should of been when i was engaged. I have withdrawn from friends & society as i am no longer in a loving relationship and feel happy with whom i am. I have watched myself change over time and my energy feels very misplaced. what can i do?
debbie1977 debbie1977 31-35, F 3 Answers Feb 10, 2010

Thru time: Stay sad and lonely and when a positive thought comes in your mind, distinguish it purposely! It's a similar technique to trying to sleep by keeping your eyes open.......

Best Answer

I know how you feel. I've felt this very same way. Sometimes, I yearn to be in a stable relationship. It's been almost two years since I've had some kind of a relationship. But I hold in there. I know that there is still so much time ahead of me and someone will come along. Because I now know that I am worth a lot more than I used to believe I was and someone else will sooner or later see it in me too. And the same goes for you. You will meet someone, you just need to have faith in yourself and build up some confidence. If you focus on the good things that are still in your life and worry less of the negative aspects, you will become more positive and feel like a better person. Everybody changes over time, you just need to initiate a positive change for yourself. I'm not sure how things are financially but take up something like a pilates or dance class, go to a gym or out to the movies or a club once a week. Take a lesson for something you enjoy like painting or photography or whatever it is you enjoy. Focus on the things that make you happy and maybe you will meet someone within these areas that share your interests and there you go. You gain new friendships or can start a relationships and you are on your way to a happy life. The best of luck. :]

Best Answer

It sounds to me as though you should seek out some counselling.

Best Answer