It started aftermy first boyfriend broke up with me after a year of dating. He would fling my emotions around, breaking up with me every few months. After it was over I just fetl worthless. It\'s been 6 months, and he\'s moved on and already had 2 new girlfriends and I\'m still alone. I started self-harming 2 months ago. It makes me feel better, and I don\'t want to stop, but I know it\'s bad for me. I don\'t want my family or friends to think I\'m disgusting because I cut. I don\'t know what to do. No one knows the struggle I go through with cutting, wanting to, not wanting to. I would NO WAY go to a therapist. They don\'t care about me, they don\'t know me. I don\'t want to tell ANYONE. Just how do I stop it on my own? And just to clarify** I\'m not doing this for attention, it scares the he11 out of me just talking to strangers about it.
PeopleScareMe PeopleScareMe 16-17, F 9 Answers Dec 29, 2013 in Self Harm

Remember you don't need a friend with the status or boy in it to be happy. Try rubber bands

Best Answer

I'll try, thank you(:

Best Answer

Just stop it or keep cut yourself but your bf will back to you and adore you, neither? You need to make yourself believe that you still sane enough and found a true problems in your live, fix that, your problems, fix it, not cut yourself.

Best Answer

Thank you for the support.

Best Answer

Be strong! :)

Best Answer

I know what your going through darling you'll be okay so calm down I know its hard to ask for help but it makes it a hole lot better than keeping it inside and if you feel like cutting go for a run, a walk ,go play a game , listening to music works amazingly well for me do something to get your mind off of it , throw away your blades it helps it lifts a big weight of your chest just know im here for you I understand.

Best Answer

You're comment made me smile. Just to know there's people out there who care make me feel a lot better, thank you(:

Best Answer

yeah totally im here for you im going through it to so I understand im happy I could put a smile on your face

Best Answer

You just need an obsessive hobby. Distract the minds self destructive routine...

Best Answer

I've thought about picking up drawing, but depression sometimes just won't let you do the things you like. But I'll try my hardest. Thank you(:

Best Answer

Drawing is great, takes time but study something like a particular animal or trees. One day you can sell them in cafe etc...Its worth while time to invest.

Best Answer

I'm gonna try to be sympathetic. This sounds at bit pathetic. Think about the horrible scars it will leave and how it may effect your social life.

Best Answer

I know it does. And I don't know..some of it is from the break-up but then some of it is from something else. I'm just always depressed. I don't want to be this way. And I know it could, I have a few great friends who don't know about it, and I'm afraid it would just make them not like me anymore. Anyways, the whole reason I posted this was an attempt to get better because I know I shouldn't be doing it. I have agreat family who loves me, and it would break their hearts if they knew.

Best Answer

I didn't mean to come off as harsh, I'm just don't sugar coat things. You seem like a smart girl full of potential and I think you can do better. These scars will only make you uncomfortable and it will make you paranoid. I'm quite ashamed of mine, all I wear is hoodies. I judged people who cut at one point, now look at me, a cutter myself. My motive to not do it is my social life, I don't want people judging me for it. It's really embarrassing. Please try music. Blast it! I do it all the time. You don't want this running your life.

Best Answer

Don't do it?? That seems pretty straight forward to me

Best Answer

I always thought that too, wondered why they just wouldn't cut themselves. I thought those people were stupid until I was in that position as well. I wish I hadn't have even thought about it.

Best Answer

Take away the blade from ya?? Idk I've never had the desire to cut myself ever

Best Answer

That would probably work, but it wouldn't last forever. I'm just trying to stop it before it gets worse, I've heard of some people doing it for years. It's scary to think about.

Best Answer

Yeah it should. Yeah idk I don't usually know people who cut themselves

Best Answer

Pray. God cares about you. Cry out to Him...over and over again. Keep going to Him until He answers you. Don't give up. He IS there and He will answer you if you don't give up. <3 Read Luke 11:1-13 & Luke 18:1-6

<3

Best Answer

Thank you, I believe in God. I'm a christian, things just get hard sometimes. I've been reading other peoples questions about this, looking for advice. But I decided to man up and post my own, and it feels a whole lot better to see people saying it specifically to my problem. Thank you(:

Best Answer

Hug <3

Best Answer

I loved watching your testimony. It's inspired me to be a better christian and a better person. I only hope to experience something such as you did.

Best Answer

If you don't give...no matter what...don't give up...keep seeking Him and He WILL answer you!!!!! <3 *hug*

Best Answer
Best Answer

I'm not even gonna bother reading the description cause I don't have to, to tell you to just ******* stop... Nothing and I MEAN NOTHING! In this already ****** up world can be so ******* bad that you have to ******* cut your ******* self. So ******* stop. ******* think a little, because something upsets you, you're going to go through self harm? Who the **** does that ****? Go ******* stuff yourself with chocolate instead and read fml.com or some **** and laugh it up.

Best Answer

Everything you've said is true. fml.com is a very funny place to read about others problems, but I'll always have my own. Besides being a little harsh, you're comment made me laugh a little. You probably didn't mean for it to do that though. Thanks anyways.

Best Answer

Easy, just stop

Best Answer

Cutting is like an addiction, maybe even like smoking or drinking. It releases some kind of chemical in your body, making you feel better. It's harder than most people think. I wish I could.

Best Answer

Then replace the addiction with something else. P.S. its all in your head.

Best Answer