I have a 3-year contract in the company. I've spent 26 months already. I just felt that I'm not progressing with my job and chances of promotion is so slim.
tameheart tameheart 36-40, F 14 Answers Feb 3, 2013 in Hobbies

I would write a letter stating that I respectfully request that my boss accepts this as my letter of resignation due to another job offer. (If that is the case). Thank them for the opportunity they gave you when they gave you this position, but you feel you would be better suited to the new offer. Respectfully request that you retain their permission to put them down as a reference (if applicable) for any future positions.<br />
Make sure you get your record of employment and anything else they owe you, which if you don't work for your two weeks (the notice period) they may not have to give you anything in the way of pay. Good luck with that.

Best Answer

In writing: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of the team at _________. I will always value the friendships I have made and the skills I have learned. <br />
A new opportunity has presented itself, and after much consideration I have decided its time for me to pursue my dreams.

Best Answer

if you're in my case, he counter offer you, will you stay?

Best Answer

I think the word "bad" has gotten a bad wrap. I don't use it in a good vs evil context. Its more like saying I'm a badass s.o.b. not a bad person. Anyway, if you're boss is the type of person that'll play a guilt game, tell him there's personal reasons that you'd rather not get into, and leave it at that.

Best Answer

Hey' you're not even the one who asked the question. What gives?

Best Answer

Is it only about money? Stay if you want to, or go if you think you'd be better off. Only you know the answer.

Best Answer

u help me so much with your advise. Thank you.

Best Answer

Its not you, its me.

Best Answer

'Please don't hurt me, or I'll have to hurt you'. *Hands boss a letter worded so diplomatically it's actually cryptic*.

Best Answer

say " you elitist pig, i work and slave all day while you pad your pockets with the fruits of MY labor-I'm outta here you inconsiderate, evil, greedy bazterd."

Best Answer

Um i would just say i regret to inform you i am giving you my teo weeks notice

Best Answer

Hurt and emotions have no place in the work environment. You resign like a professional, by giving him an appropriate factual reason of why you are leaving. You just need to word it diplomatically.

Best Answer

you can't seperate emotions from work. Maybe that's the ought, but isn't the is

Best Answer

You cant also let emotion guide you in the work place.. its work, you have to be a little detached. You just have to be a professional in your attitude.

Best Answer

"I am on a highyway to hell but baby I will be back in black"

Best Answer

I am respectfully submitting my two week notice in writing.

Best Answer