whenever I made mistakes he's so rude with me, and I feel like if I was nothing :( why isn't there a family categorie? >.<
garconrebelle garconrebelle 13-15, M 10 Answers Jan 11 in Parenting & Family

Just sit him down and tell him.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

Use your words! Can't guarantee he'll care - but you should speak your mind.

Best Answer

the thing is I get angry so easy that I can yell things I don't want to say :(

Best Answer

I understand (My brother bullied me too). Being aggressive won't help the situation. Maybe think about walking away at first, take a few deep breaths and calm down - then go back and calmly talk to him about how you feel when he treats you badly.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

sure - good luck :)

Best Answer

Technically you are a young kid and he probably has taken on the role if "parent" rather than big brother. He probably doesn't know HOW to talk to you. He sounds a bit judgmental. I know he has your best interests at heart. How he relays his thoughts to you is all wrong. Is there no one to mediate a sit down with you and your brother? I sit my kids down and say there's no name calling, no you did this or you do that. It starts with "when you say/do this it makes me feel ..." And it goes back and forth. No raised voices. This goes on until both sides truly understand how their words or actions affect and/or hurt the other. Then the solution. Like "if I forget to take the garbage out can u please just ask me instead of yelling and calling names"? Or if you have a sarcastic tone I'll say "I'm sorry, I don't want this to escalate" etc. I hope I'm making sense. I wish I could voice message on here! I will say I'm sorry you're struggling. Just remember, you brother is human and I can bet he's struggling with life also and is just as confused as to what to do. Wonder if he would post on here possibly with you. Oh that would be fantastic! You would have a whole world of mediators to help you. Just a thought. ;-)

Best Answer

Be honest about it and stand your ground.<br />
Eventually he'll understand.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

Write a letter to him stating everything you wish to address as clearly and nondramatically as possible. Don't give the letter to him though. Call a family meeting with at least one parent or other responsible adult, and your brother. Say you have something to say. Ask them to take their seats. Then read your letter to your brother. <br />
No one can predict what his response will be. But try to stick to a clear and nondramatic method of responding even when you respond to his response. <br />
No matter how this turns out, know that this is a good place to start learning and practicing non-violent conflict resolution. For more tips, check out this book called Non-Violent Communication. I think scribd.com has a free online pdf copy you can read.<br />
Hope things work out well for you.

Best Answer

the thing is I live with him and he's married, and sometimes he treats me like if I was his son >.<

Best Answer

What does he say or do that hurts you?

Best Answer

when I made mistakes he treats me like if I didn't know why I did it and I feel like an idiot

Best Answer

Well, if he isn't calling you an idiot but is only trying to guide you to better choices, you can tell him something like this - 'Thank you brother for watching out for me, I understand you care for me, but I still need to make my own mistakes to learn from them the way you have in your own life. Can you allow me the space to do that? I will try not to hurt you with my mistakes, but I still need to make some to learn from them for my own growth so that I can also become independent like you.'

Best Answer

Don't tell to your parents, because it will make your brother more angrier. Speak with him and tell him that, his behavior is hurting and rude, but if he don't care, then the best thing you can do is telling it to your parents.

Best Answer

I sometimes wish I was invisible

Best Answer

I live with him he's married

Best Answer

By not yelling

Best Answer

obviously but how? >.<

Best Answer

so I can say and repeat him he's rude and hurting me?

Best Answer

what is feud?

Best Answer

Take comfort in that people usally always do that when they see you as more perfect than themself. They usally try to rub in every "flaw" or "mistake" they see to reassure themself they are better then you, but they would not need to do this if it was actually true. So you are certainly nothing, but sadly sometimes you need to yell to get through to people, or knock them in the head even, lol. You can start soft, try to tell him the nicest way possible and if he doesnt listen or if it doesnt get through, you can try firmer and louder each time. Just remember that again hes most likely doing this cause he consider himself less then you deep down.

Best Answer

Just have a man to man talk.

Best Answer

lol he doesn't takes me seriously -.-

Best Answer

Give him a punch.

Best Answer

seriously he's bigger and stronger -.-

Best Answer