whatWhenWereWhy whatWhenWereWhy 13-15, F 9 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Community

Look for acting classes in school and elsewhere and go on casting calls for local theater to start.

Best Answer

But there is no theater or any support for me to do that stuff?

Best Answer

your school should offer a 'drama' course, no? .. google "auditions" and "acting classes" in your area - if none then look for online resources to learn what you can until you can go to school where acting classes are offered.

Best Answer

I am doing drama at school and i was in a play at the school but i got so busy with stuff like homework and that i quiet now my mam and dad don't think i'm taking acting seriously and they want support me.

Best Answer

I would suggest school plays... Maybe make up your own scripts or audition for nearby plays, nothing big. See if you like it. Maybe Acting Camps, or an Acting School. Watching documentaries or t.v. shows can help also. First, get the idea of what it'd be like. Then, ponder over what you can do. Third, audition, act, and search up big ones.

Fourth, go for the big ones if you want.

Remember to jot down a chart of Pros and Cons. (i.e. Pro: fame, Con: Stage fright, etc)

Best Answer

I'm a stage mom so I know this-my daughter is an actress/model- she is not famous but still trying- she was discovered by the same talent scout that discovered reese witherspoon! You are never TOO young- the younger the better- but u need a thick skin and dedication is more important than beauty or talent! You can NEVER be late to an audition. The only acceptable reason for missing an audition is either you had a death in the family and can prove it or you are in the hospital and can prove it.

take every acting class you can- when you feel u are good at acting get an actors headshot- this is a natural pic with very little make-up- u want it to look like u have NO makeup on and a natural pose that looks like U! don't get pics done at sears or regular photog places- they Do NOT know how to take the right pic and u will just waste your money- casting directors can be picky and if your'e pic doesn't fit the criterea, it goes right in the trash! There are alot of scams out there, an agent will never ask u for money- they make money by taking a percentage of the money you make from the jobs u get from the auditions they send u on- If they ask u for money for "modeling lessons, or pics" it's a scam! They CAN ask you for money for comp cards- a comp card has one big pic of you on one side & 3 or 4 dif pics on the other along with the agencies info and your name, height,weight etc. It's best to get your own pics taken for the comp cards cuz it's usually cheaper and u can even find photographers that will do what's called TFP which means time for print= means you give your time for free to pose, they take the pics and can use your pics in their portfolio and they give you a cd with the pics on it- u don't pay and they don't pay- set it up on model mayhem webpage. avoid craigslist- mostly scams, scummy losers and creeps. apply to work for FREE on independant fims- my daughter did this for 5 years (that's the average amount) for free- that way you build up your resume- school stuff doesn't count. After you do a bunch of independant films as an extra, then u can apply for cattle call auditions for commercials etc. It takes a LONG time of working for free- hence why dedication is the most important- it's rare to become instantly famous. My daughter is strikingly beautiful and a size 0, she's been in 17 films, 3 commercials, 3 music videos and on the cover of 4 magazines. She won her states beauty pageant and she is still an unknown- break a leg! that's best wishes in show biz lingo- it's bad luck to say "good luck"

Best Answer

Start with your high school drama club. Check to see if there are any community theater groups near by. Also check to see if there are any open auditions near where you live. Be prepared for a lot of rejection.

Best Answer

Start with acting lessons; do the school plays, read bio's of actors you admire

Best Answer

Stay in school. High schools, college, they all have drama departments. It's a trade like any other, you don't just wake up and be an electrician. You have to study, hone the craft, learn the ins and outs, otherwise you are simply taking up a hobby.

Study, study, study.

Best Answer

If I were to go back in time, I would seek acting school and this would therefore give me skills and then I would be around other actors and actually see the process and then finally KNOW if it is really what I want.It, personally, DOES sound like fun. I plan on acting classes after I retire from the Postal Service. Maybe I will do a geritol commercial. Some "hot" old woman, lol.

Best Answer

Community theater is everywhere.

Best Answer

But there isn't any theaters were i live and no one supports my option of being a actress and i have always wanted to be one.

Best Answer

Where do you live?

Best Answer