uralba uralba 56-60, M 10 Answers Sep 9, 2011

How to deter them?

1. Don’t let them get started. Once they’ve decided your place is good you won’t get rid of them. Keep shooing them away.

2. Put chicken wire down around plants. The garden looks awful for a while but they hate the wire because they catch their big fat claws in it (it doesn’t hurt them, they just don’t like it) and eventually give up.

3. Invite bird families into your garden. Once you have some birds established (like miners or maggies) they will treat your garden as their garden and will chase intruders away. Train birds to live in your garden by feeding with bird seed and having bird baths.

4. Don’t have open compost heaps. Turkeys can lay 20 – 30 eggs per year!!!!! And they lay them in mounds, which they will build out of anything. And having laid the eggs they completely ignore them and let them hatch in the heat of the mound. So, your unprotected compost heap is turkey laying heaven.

5. They like pet food so don’t leave your pet’s food outside.

6. They don’t like open spaces so you could just have lawn (ok, bad idea).

7. I have had some success with barking at them like a dog. I also chase them out every time I see them. I also throw things at them – like sticks. I’m thinking of getting a slingshot.

8. They also don’t seem to like flowerpots. I accidentally left a large flower pot next to a plant I’d put out in the garden and they didn’t dig around it. I tried putting more flower pots out – the 8″ ones, and they seem to have left those plants alone too.

Source: Baby Boomer Lifestyle and Health Club

http://www.kleverklikk.com/kleverhealth/2010/04/bloody-bush-turkeys-a-pest-in-the-garden/

Good luck and I hope this helped - calicuz

Best Answer

Hide any gardening tools that you have?

Best Answer

I'm not sure about turkeys but I do know that to get cats to not use a garden as a cat restroom, you can just buy some flat river rocks (usually they are dark slate, almost black or dark gray color and about3-6 inches in diameter) and place them around the plants. I know cats can't dig in the ground when there are rocks there so I assume turkeys couldn't, either.

Best Answer

Get a huge dog that loves some turkey lol

Best Answer

I have no answer for you...all I could think of was jokes about our previous Repulican administration. Sorry.

Best Answer

Remind them of thanksgiving...

Best Answer

WTHeck is a bush turkey? Where do you live @uralba? I have never heard about one before until now. I looked it up and see what we're working with....lol. They are cute at least, don't you think? :)

Best Answer

Cute...... but deadly..... LOL!!!!!!!! jk/jk

Best Answer

HAHA....ah one of those. I got it, thanks! :)

Best Answer

by shooting them and sticking them into ur freezer!

Best Answer

LOL!!!!!!! Unfortunately they are protected animals in Australia.

Best Answer

Take their spades away!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Play Celine Dion CDs, 24 hours a day.

Best Answer

hahaha....

Best Answer