naturefreak1 naturefreak1 22-25, F 10 Answers Aug 30, 2013 in Health

There is actually an easy answer to this. I don't know if you took psychology in school, but if you did or didn't you can find answers there. Here it is in brief though. There is a thing called cognitive dissonance. What it means is that something we have accepted to be true doesn't agree with something we have learned. Our minds struggle with that to resolve the problem. Sometimes we can't or wont. When that happens it can manifest itself in many ways, one of them being as concern and worry across a broad spectrum. If you can find those areas that don't agree and come to a conclusion on them, it wont stop you from caring, but it may be more manageable and less emotional. <br />
This may not apply to you at all, but if it does, feel free to message me and I can point you towards some good resources in that regard. If you just care in general about everything but not because of what I wrote above, you might ask yourself why you care, and does caring about any one thing change anything about it. For instance, I care that I am out of shape, so I workout to affect that aspect of me. On the other hand let's say I care that the world may end at any moment. I live every day like it may be my last, but beyond that, I should stop caring about that because it does nothing good for me or anyone else.<br />
If you can isolate the things you care about to the ones that matter, then you may find peace easier to find. Good luck to you and I hope that one way or another you find your peace.

Best Answer

Best answer....

Best Answer

How do I decide which ones matter?

Best Answer

i don't know if you find something helping just inform me

Best Answer

Don't stop caring. The world doesn't need more people in it that don't care! Things would be better if more people in the world did care.<br />
Since you have a lot of empathy, you will hurt more or feel sad more than people without or with very little empathy... but you have a gift. You will be seen as a good person, some people resent that and so they will treat you bad, but other people will cherish it because it is rare in the world today. Your empathy will help you avoid some problems in life that others have to face as a result of their lack of caring. <br />
Caring is good. Empathy is good. Remember that you are a valuable person with a valuable trait that will help you avoid hurting others as much as you can and this will help give you success in relationships. Hold it as something valuable and don't give it away so easily for people who are cruel and unappreciative. The Bible says "Do not throw your pearls before swine." It is good advice.. Swine/pigs would not appreciate a fine pearl, so giving it pearls of high value would be a waste. The pig wouldn't know what to do with it. <br />
Don't let people take advantage of you because you are so caring. Associate with people who value it and people who are like you.

Best Answer

I don't want to stop caring. I just feels as if I care too much and it holds me back. It can be a strength but it is also a weakness. I agree that caring is a good thing and I think people need to care more, but too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

Best Answer

This a pretty egotistical and narcissistic question. How can we care more would be a better question, given the state of the world today.

Best Answer

Really, I see it as an idiotic question. The better question to ask might have been where do I draw the line between caring for others and my own well-being.

Best Answer

Really, it is a great question. There is a great deal of understanding that comes from such questions. Worrying about the world helps nothing, focusing the things we care about can do much more when we focus on what we can do something about.

For the record you are an idiot who clearly doesn't think a thing through. Engage your gray matter and think outside your narrow perspective and maybe you will find the world isn't as clear as you seem to see it as.

Best Answer

You don't know where the question stems from. Don't assume things about my character based on a few words.

Best Answer

Get two doggies and run at the dog park.

Best Answer

Smoking methamphetamines seems to work for some people.

Best Answer

don't stop its good to care.

Best Answer

Fed up?

Best Answer