I used a Clairol box dye and I missed a step. I've always used boxed dyes and never had a problem. You usually just mix everything together and put it on for 25 minutes. That's what I did. But this one came with something you put on your hair before you dye it to keep it from breaking and I didn't use it. I thought it was a conditioner for after. Please help! Do you think I could put that antibreakage stuff on now? Any time my hair is wet it just breaks off almost in clumps and it is so scary. I am freaking out.
annona annona 31-35 9 Answers Jun 2, 2012

Ok. Actually don't do any of this stuff. I'm a hairdresser. First - get a good shampoo and conditioner - professional products - and a good treatment. Don't overload it with too much protein because it can cause the opposite effect and actually cause it to get really brittle. Do not fill it with oil, because all that does is coats the hair - it won't fix it. Nothing will. Protein treatments are great, but you need to alternate with other conditioning treatments. Wash it MINIMALLY! I mean seriously - only wash it when you have to. But you need to use shampoo. Comb it with the widest comb you can find and don't pull at the broken bits - hair is like jelly when it's wet so pulling it with a comb or a brush will just make it snap. Stay away from thermal tools (straightener etc). Get a good trim. And for the love of God stop using packet dye - that little protective packet wouldn't have done anything - I've never heard of anything that actually stops your hair breaking off before you put a colour on. Start looking after it now and learn from it.

Best Answer

you could go for a steam treat to make your hair stronger and grow in the right direction also i will stop it from braking and help you from losing the hair

Best Answer

use deep conditioners and leave in conditioners and dye your hair back to a darker color and make sure you use a daily moisturizer. i actually had the same problem and thats what my stylist told me and it's actually helping

Best Answer

Do a hot oil treatment. Keep it in overnight if you can. Extra virgin oil oil is cheap. I've put in in my hair every night for a week. Helps a lot. You can also try the conditioner.

Best Answer

There is nothing you can do to help it. Hair is dead to begin with and when you have damaged it by using dyes or bleaches that is it. Just like trying to make a dead man walk, it just doesn't work. You will have to live with it or get a wig.

Best Answer

shave ya head. makes life so much easyer

Best Answer

nonthing you can do try raw eggs white

Best Answer

what does raw white egg do if i put it on my hair x

Best Answer