'Stop it' doesn't seem to be working and I'm not in the mood to go disciplinarian on her. What can I say to stop pretending she is a panda who became the Dragon Warrior?
mareliberum mareliberum 26-30 9 Answers Aug 25 in Parenting & Family

You are her parent, so it doesn't matter if you are in the "mood" to discipline her or not, hence, you have to teach her the right thing. Have a talk with her and tell her never is hitting allowed. Then when she tests you, grab her hands to stop her from hitting you and lovingly and sternly tell her, "No hitting or you will go into time out!" Say if you hit again, you will go in your room in time out. If she does it again, put her in her room for time out for 6 minutes. Time out is effective if she's not in there too long and 6 minutes is appropriate for a 6 year old. Then call her out of her room and have the talk with her again, telling her, "No hitting or you will go in your room in time out again." She'll get the message after doing this a few times. But you have to be consistent and know that you will probably have to do this a few times for her to learn.

Best Answer

I agree!
One thing though, I wouldn't put her in her room , that's probably where all the toys are, I would have her sit in the living room or kitchen table .
Good luck!

Best Answer

Great point!

Best Answer

Its a phase. Just keep reinforcing that you don't like to get hit.

Best Answer

Haha Aww! Suggest a different game?

Best Answer

Well i guess because you do not want to go disciplinarian on her you better invest in some cream for the bruises. Because she is only going to get better at punching :D

Best Answer

You have to discipline her. She's your child. You can't reason with a six year old. She's challenging your authority and sounds like she's winning.

Best Answer

Tell her if she pinches you again you're gonna slap her into tomorrow. If she tests you---do it. Once should convince her to stop.

Best Answer

give her something else to punch....explain that it isnt nice to punch people....ask her if that is what the panda does in the movie

Best Answer

Your advice worked. Just told her that the Dragon Warrior does not punch people. :) Now, she's meditating. :D

Best Answer

nice!

Best Answer

and thank you for best answer!

Best Answer

If you're not in the "mood", it may be time to give up your rights as a parent.

Best Answer

I don't want to tell her human beings can't be pandas. lol

Best Answer

*to make her stop pretending

Best Answer