giirrr giirrr 13-15, F 8 Answers Oct 23, 2012 in Self Harm

I know how you feel, when I find the answer I'll let you know. Best of luck to you.

Best Answer

It'll be challenging to explain in just one comment, so please feel free to message me if you would like, i'm always available! <br />
I haven't self harmed in about 8 months, and still going strong! Before that, i had been severely cutting myself among other things, for about a year. And just like most people, it started on "accident" and really kind of like a forest fire, it just caught. Soon I couldn't stop. Multiple times a day, even at school in the bathroom I would take scissors and pretty much just go to town. But I can tell you it seriously does get better. For me it was a slow recovery, and I had to have the help of others around me to make it. Talk to the people you love and trust and seek help in them! It's a long process to recover, but if you really want to get better and live a healthier, happier life style, it can be done! <br />
Best of luck<3

Best Answer

Pinch yourself, hold an ice cube against your skin, tie a rubber band around your wrist and snap it when you feel like hurting yourself. Those are some ideas and I STRONGLY recommend the ice one, it comes with pain and numbness, and helps you relax.

Best Answer

ive recently went through intensiver therapy to stop self harming and i will admit it helped so maybe finding a therapist who u can really open up to i also went to rehab for a ewhile and ill be honest its not as bad as it seems

Best Answer

Maybe....get a hobby? If you are occupied, you won't think of self harming.

Best Answer

Why did you start in the first place?

Best Answer

because i accidently cut one day and relized how good it made me feel. but once turned into 70 times a day

Best Answer

Ah. That would probably be the adrenaline rush yeah? I've experimented before with cutting just to see what the big deal was about. There is a tingly sensation to it and I guess like other habits like biting nails it can be addicting because you like it (even though painful at times) How about instead of cutting you just scratch? Its less harmful and similar sometimes. Maybe you're missing something mentally stimulating? Lack of sugar in your diet etc?

Best Answer

im just not exactly sure how i can feel better. its bin like this for 10 years and nothing helps me

Best Answer

So you've been feeling the same since around being 3-5+ years old o.O? When you see other people who are happy, then look at yourself, what do you see that is different? What do they have that you don't?

Best Answer