My culture is pretty strict, and dating is sort of looked at as bad in my family. No one has ever dated, it's all been arranged marriages or someone PICKS someone to marry, but they still haven't dated or gone with anyone to like a dance of this sort. I'm the first kid in my family, and though my parents are American, they're sort of traditional and I just don't want to disappoint them or make them feel sad. I know they won't be mad, but I just don't want it to be awkward. We're Indian so like I said no one really dates. You know what I mean? Like they won't be mad, but they'd tell my grandparents and stuff, and they're just not used to dating, and kissing and stuff before marriage and I don't want it to be awkward nor do I want to disappoint anyone. I've lost about 70 pounds & this is the first time I'll ever be going to a dance much less with a guy, so I really do want to go just to reaffirm my self-confidence and be proud of myself. How can I tell my parents? Thank you!
glee12 glee12 18-21 3 Answers May 11 in Parenting & Family

Well you don't have to tell them you are dating. Just say a guy asked you to go to the dance with him, and you thought it would be fun,

Best Answer

Oh, we're not dating yet. He just asked me to homecoming and I said "yes." I like your idea though! Thank you!

Best Answer

Your welcome. Have fun.

Best Answer

Well, i hope you the best. This is the 21st Century, life has changed. But How can you Get Married, if you dont go on a date; to see if you like them? -.- (Exactly)

Best Answer

I'd just say whether I like them or not, I don't see why you need a date. How do you think I could approach this topic?

Best Answer

You shouldnt marry someone you dont know. Who the **** wants to marry a stranger? And you're stuck with them for life. You dont know their pasy, history, their personality, They may turn out to suck and you may hate yourself for choosing them as your husband. You should be yourself. Not your Parents Beliefs. You run your life. Not them.

Best Answer

I still feel they should have a say. They do often know what is best for me. And I'm not even getting married now, I'm 15. I just want to know how to tell my parents I have a date.

Best Answer

You should go into College and Be with people and a different Community. Your Opinions would change.

Best Answer