I try so hard to eat healthy. When I eat healthy, I feel great... but then I have these binges on junk food.. and then comes the feels. ._. I need to stop. >.> How can one permanently give up junk food? And yes, it will ALWAYS be in my house because of my family- I tell them to hide it, but they just don't listen to me.
JessieTheGreekGoddess JessieTheGreekGoddess 18-21, F 5 Answers Jan 5 in Food

Eventually you will either have a home or apartment of your own, where you can control what types of foods are kept there.<br />
If you already live on your own, and other people keep junk food, then set up some kind of agreement that if you are caught eating junk food -- that you agree to pay those people $5.00 every time they catch you.<br />
Eventually, you will stop.

Best Answer

If you want crunch, eat popcorn, raw veggies, apples & other healthy food. If you want sweet eat fruit. It's hard when your family doesn't go along with it but they'd feel better too. Lean protein like hard-boiled eggs instead of fat or fried meats. Maybe cook once or twice a week and see if they'll start eating healthier.

Best Answer

I just can't let me imagine myself in 200lbs shape! :-D

Best Answer

How does this help me? O.o Its not like I'm fat... apparently I'm considered "underweight"... (5'7" and 93 pounds...)

Best Answer

They shouldn't have to hide it. That's ridiculous. That PROVES how you are lacking in discipline if you need someone else to hide food from you so you don't give in to temptation.

Best Answer

Bulimia is an addiction and mental disorder. -__- Its been an issue since I was 11. I want it to stop, they're not helping. Discipline is irrelevant.

Best Answer

Discipline is in the mind

Best Answer

You obviously don't know what a mental disorder is. It controls your mind. When you been at it for 7 years, you need a little help and support.

Best Answer

Actually I do, thank you very much. And you're right, you do need help/support but apparently you are not getting it from your family. I KNOW discipline can work with disorders and addictions, true, not always alone, but it is no less important.

Best Answer

I've been trying. But I do the same thing. I eat healthy for a while, then binge and purge every day for a few days afterwards. -_- Seriously, if you have no actual advice and helpful, go away.

Best Answer

Look, since this IS a mental disorder that is often times hereditary and it effects you physically, its unhealthy (and you know this) and you ARE reaching out but you are not getting help from your family - I would suggest getting therapy. A lot of times there is underlying psychological issues that can cause these things. It could help

Best Answer

Do you know how much therapy costs? Lol yeah.. "okay".

Best Answer

Well then join a support group.

Best Answer

I hate people. And this is irrelevant to stop being addicted to junk food. I want the need to eat it gone. Thats it.

Best Answer

In that case I would find out what causes the need, why do you have bulimia? Is it biological or social? Do research.

Best Answer

Neither. I was curious one day and did it.. then never stopped.

Best Answer