ValR ValR 41-45, F 5 Answers Dec 28, 2013 in Military

Could be difficult ... but just be yourself and lead by example ...

Best Answer

if you want to maintain "Morals " May I assume (I know what is said about assume) but for this say you believe in the principles of God ,

if that be the case and let your light shine (By example) and don't hide it and some may heckle you for a little while may be,,, but after a while it will get old to them ,,,but they will at least when thy see you coming most if not all will stop whatever it is they know you don't approve of(if you just shine and don't judge them if they don't) or at least tone it down not wanting to offend you ,,But if you go along with it once and later decide to stand on principles, then be prepared for the back lash as a hypocrite, as you had played along too

Me I'd stand my ground up front, and a lot of people may still slip around and do what they do but even if they don't stop, be happy its not you they hate but the God in you ,but I have been told many times they don't do it to offend me( still sneak around like I cant figure whats going on)not because they don't like me or think me a prude or even a snitch ,but because they respect me and I make them look into a mirror of what they too could have done too but they followed the crowd, but" we wish we had followed you"

Crack cocaine for instance destroyed my home town and it made national news as coke hill,I was tempted by lots of people I loved ,fine women( with bad teeth from a stem) but otherwise beautiful girls (at first they were fine) ,my brother ,best friends ,band members,club owners,promoters,roadies their wives later their kids,all wanting someone to help them support their habit,I didn't care for it praise God ,,I wont lie and say I didn't try it ,that is why I say there will be back lash that will take a long time to overcome,,they can say I tried it ,the sad part of this is 100% experience and most I said no to 30 yrs ago now are either still to this day still on it or something worse ,or dead ,,,I hate to go home and try to find people because I asks my cousins who know every bodies business, where is so and so and their either dead ,in prison,,still on the junk or on the run,,,,and If you know who I am you know the mugshot,com with my last name goes on and on and on and spinning you a tale as its Gods honest truth ,and that 's jail there are more in prison stay true to yourself and you might be surprised who will follow you sorry so long,and i'm sorry seems like most of my answers are but I guess i'm not good at giving out band aids when the person needs life support you know what I mean ?hope it helps

Best Answer

Not easy, and risky. Regardless of what type of unit (social, professional, familial, etc.), you will be under pressure to act as the unit acts. Ethics that dictate moral actions and behavior may well cause you loss of place within that unit, even expulsion from that unit. However, there are units that promote ethical and moral behavior. It always comes down to personal choices.

Best Answer

Yep, it did cost me loss of place alright. Do they actually teach this in military college?

Best Answer

I'm uncertain of that, I do know ethics is taught, but then so are other subjects. Ethics like anything else, can be taught, but not necessarily learned. Taking the moral high ground has always been risky, regardless of in what setting.

Best Answer

True... still wish that I was more than one at the time... one feels fairly useless after the fact

Best Answer

Still, if you stood your ground, you should feel good about yourself. I know I admire those who stand their ground even when faced with a negative outcome. It is unfortunate, sad even, that often the only reward for standing your ground is the personal satisfaction for having done so.

Best Answer

That's tough. There's nothing moral about a military unit when you think about it. It's ultimate mission is to hurt people and break things indiscriminately.

Best Answer

It should be easy as long as your morality conforms to that of the organization.

Best Answer

Morals are morals... just ask anyone

Best Answer

Are you asserting that morals are objective and not subjective?

Best Answer