For example, I went with my friend to visit her sister in a rehab facility. I know the sister as well. Her sister is to be blunt, dying.I called another friend and told him aobut her, and he just said oh well didn't think you cared for her anyway! I consider her a friend, and I never give up on friends. I was shocked by his uncaring attitude.
Bamacatgirl Bamacatgirl 61-65, F 16 Answers Jun 27, 2010

Litterboxes spread toxins.

Best Answer

Don't be shocked. That's the way people are to protect themselves.

Best Answer

Imagine a scale. <br />
On one end, your own needs so dominate your life that you are really only aware of yourself - everyone else are just measured in terms of what they can do for you. The extreme of this is complete lack of empathy.<br />
On the other end, your own inner needs aren't so scrambled, but you have basic self esteem and aren't so needy. You can genuinely care about other people, and have something to give.<br />
Don't need to look further than EP to see the full range.

Best Answer

Unfortunately the more some folks think about themselves, the less time they have to think about others. But its not universal. There are caring people out there.

Best Answer

Emotions are not a choice. It's either part of their nature, or a result of their upbringing. Some people are emotional about everything, and some people are never emotional. Some people only care about themselves, and some care about everyone but themselves. <br />
Your friend who doesn't care about someone dying would be good in a war or a tragedy, where lots of people die. But he's probably not so good at a funeral. Everyone is different and we all have strengths and weaknesses. Call him when you need solutions rather than sympathy.

Best Answer

Sorry, that's the cold, cruel, callousness of today's World. What's worse, they don't think twice about it. Thanx for being in support of your friend,

Best Answer

I could go off on this huge thing right now about what you asked, but I won't. Instead I will say that it is the result of values that have been instilled in them, the affects of life, and the cultures they grew up in. They either were taught that they didn't matter (so they learned to focus on themselves instead since no one else would), or that life is hard, so just deal with it. Life without love and without evidence of a heart is fun, isn't it? (sarcasm)

Best Answer

I know what you mean, My bf went into the hospital and you really know who your friends are when something like this happens.

Best Answer

Welcome to reality

Best Answer

I wonder a lot about this too.

Best Answer

I know.. I don't get it either.

Best Answer

Been quite "callous" to someone who hurt me. I cannot show weakness against this person because he takes advantage of me and plays me like a fiddle. <br />
But there are many caring people out there and I can be really caring to people who have not taken advantage of my kindness or hospitality for an extended period or time :)

Best Answer

My ex-bf dumped me on Saturday and I was extremely callous as he spoke. He was crying, saying he loved me and all I could say is "Is that all?" Then I kicked him out of my house. I was protecting myself plain and simple. I cried plenty after he left though.

Best Answer

It's a neurotic trend called MOVING AGAINST PEOPLE. It's a defense mechanism used to prevent further heartache and loss. These individuals do care deep down and can be reached by someone who is sincere that they trust.

Best Answer

I think a lot of people are desensitised these days to such things and just no longer care. Every time you open the newspaper or turn on the tv we see tragic things happening, with it in our faces all the time you kind of get used to it I guess and build up a barrier.

Best Answer

It is a rat race nowadays in world. Everyone is worried that if they care or stop to help others they will fall behind or lose out.

Best Answer