Githunguri Githunguri 31-35 19 Answers Feb 2, 2011

I'm not sure precisely what is meant by "believe in yourself". That has all sorts of interpretations. <br />
But if it simply means that you should realize that you have value and that you can make a difference in the world, then there are LOTS of places in the Bible that support that. <br />
There is the fact that God sent His son to die for you while you were yet in your sins. A huge price for you which makes you quite valuable. There is the verse that says that God takes care of even the sparrows and the lilies of the field, and it goes on to say how much more He cares for and takes care of you. Again, the gist being that you are very very valuable. There is the empowering verse that you can do all things through Christ who will give you strength. The mere idea that God listens to you or knows the number of the hairs on your head makes your value outstanding. If God values you, then of course it goes to follow that you should believe in that value. Thereby believing in yourself. The value of man is in the love that God has for Him. If you understand that, then you can see that there are all sorts of reason to believe in yourself according to the Bible. But the belief in God is intrinsic to that. <br />
Perhaps the greatest verse is the one that says that Christ is in you, and that He is the hope of glory. Is there any greater compliment? Or that you will mount up with wings as eagles, run and not be weary? <br />
Perhaps what you are thinking is that the Bible says you must forget yourself....and in a way that is true. What the Bible teaches is to forget youself and submit to God. That He will provide for you. But in doing that it also teaches that you will find yourself. Who you truly are. And that you are a unique and loved individual. That your strength and the strength of God will just become the same.<br />
The Bible does indicate that simply believing in your own strength and wisdom will not work. Your wisdom and strength are only worthy of trusting if they are in God's hands.

Best Answer

If you have an ounce of simple logic in you...and if you do believe in the Bible, simply read Genesis. According to the Bible God created man in his own image. Man believes in God...according to the Bible man was created in the image of God by God Himself....therefore Man must believe in himself.

Best Answer

An ounce of logic....Ouch! be nice...
To test your foundational thinking, If we believe in ourselves, can we enter heaven? If we believe in ourselves, can we heal, or take out demons or answer prayer? If we believe on ourselves why do we need God for anything?!?
There are support [(Christian) All AA, NA and all the others I dont know], groups that have this for their motto: "You MUST believe in a Higher Power OTHER than yourself."
Why do they say that? A higher power Other than the higher power of Oneself. For we know Oneself is hopeless, useless without the Higher Power of God.
you must be careful How you you divide scripture and that you may have the spirit of LOVE when you use it on people!
1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Best Answer

Nowhere, does it say for man to believe in Himself!<br />
He does say to surrender all worldy lusts and follow Him! John3:30, Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. <br />
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. <br />
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. <br />
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, <br />
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, <br />
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. <br />
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, <br />
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. <br />
If we believe in ourselves we stray; Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: <br />
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. <br />
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. <br />
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?<br />
Huh, Rolle2323 ?!? If all hearts in the eyes of God are decietful, it must be decieving to believe in oneself.<br />
If all hearts are desperately wicked, once again rolle2323 it is decieving to believe in Oneself.<br />
I hope and pray all who read this are set free from the deciet of believing in Oneself. <br />
In Jesus name do I pray<br />
Amen

Best Answer

Read:Psalms 139.Just an example.

Best Answer

w-w-w dot thechurchofnopeople.com/2011/08/stop-believing-in-yourself/<br />
Proverbs 3:5-6 <br />
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."<br />
Philippians 4:13<br />
" I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me."<br />
Nothing of ourselves are we capable of without Christ. <br />
Jesus said that without him, we can do nothing.<br />
What Christians rarely stop to think about is that self esteem is mentioned nowhere in the Bible. Jesus never told anyone to believe in themselves. But somehow, Christians have drunk the self-esteem kool-aid too. We justify why we go to church by saying, “I just have to believe in something bigger than myself,” but in practical matters, we’re often not much different from atheists. We go home and wonder how we are going to solve this or do that or pull ourselves up by our bootstraps.<br />
Paul said that he is dead, and it is only Jesus who lives in him. Does that sound like a guy who nursed his ego on deluded self confidence.

Best Answer

Its very easy: first you have to know who you are and what you are. then you have to find out what is within you and around you. then you have to find out why you exist, even when you have many inkarnations past. if you have touched the face of god then you do not need a book to find out about you.

Best Answer

HAH!

Best Answer

If you guys are saying poor self esteem is Christian, you are heritics.

Best Answer

Its his love for us that he lives in us with that love within ourselves to believe in yourself and love yourself as he doesn't see our "sins" and "imperfections" he sees us "perfectly and wonderfully made", it says in the bible as we are "made in his image",

Best Answer

Simple. You are made from His image. You can believe in yourself and believe in God...if you are questioning then maybe you aren't in the place you should be in because essentially that should be one in the same. And since when do you need a bible to tell you what you already know??? You are the living breathing gospel, the canvas of His mighty hand...so let it be so.

Best Answer

The more intresting quotes in the bible tell that humans ARE gods.<br />
So beliving in yourself and beliving in god is one in the samething.<br />
You have to remember most of the bible was written and edited 3/400 years <br />
after jesus died..and was a policital move to bring together small groups of belivers<br />
into an organised religion.

Best Answer

In other words, why are we here right??? We're here to be happy and prosper as a species in order to do that you have to have some belief in yourself. To me "God" is not a guy in a grey beard but a Greater Intelligence that created this universe and everything in it including us humans and we're here for a reason and porpose. To love and be loved to have relationships make babies. What do you want out of life??? Are you willing to give and forgive??? Are you ready to be just who you are and love yourself without the second rate bulls#!t that people want to lay on you and put you through??? Love yourself, "God" the intelligence that lives through you does.

Best Answer

"Why do you call me good, only God is good" Jesus. You're not good and you can never be good.<br />
Then again God also fears humanity "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them" Genesis 11. If we plan to overthrow God and liberate everyone from hell, we can do it. That's why the NT is all about giving up wealth and leaving your families and believing that you can never be good and that you need God. God knows that he created something he cannot control and presumably cannot destroy, Christianity is the lie he uses to protect himself from us.

Best Answer

God loves you deeper than you know.

Best Answer

Define God.

Best Answer

Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV / 86 helpful votes

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Isaiah 41:10 ESV / 63 helpful votes

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Proverbs 16:9 ESV / 42 helpful votes

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Philippians 4:13 ESV / 34 helpful votes

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Isaiah 40:31 ESV / 25 helpful votes

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Psalm 30:5 ESV / 23 helpful votes

For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

Hebrews 11:1 ESV / 19 helpful votes

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Isaiah 43:1-4 ESV / 15 helpful votes

But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.

Proverbs 28:26 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.

Proverbs 3:1-5:6 ESV / 11 helpful votes

My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

2 Corinthians 1:9 ESV / 5 helpful votes

Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.

Helpful Not Helpful
Proverbs 23:7 ESV / 5 helpful votes

For he is like one who is inwardly calculating. “Eat and drink!” he says to you, but his heart is not with you.

hope this helps may the LORD be with you

Best Answer

i don't think you have to believe in yourself.. if you believe in god, then there is nothing to worry about.

Best Answer

Nowhere, because we are only alive when we are "in Christ," which means our life is by believing not only in but also him.

Best Answer

I have struggled with this a lot as a Christian, and finally this year, I'm just saying "I'm not seeing things correctly about God and the Bible." So, I'm daring this year to see if finding something good about *me* is the way for me to go. This helps me love me and not see myself as a loser, but as someone useful. Believing in ourselves is not wrong... we must always remember to "not lean on your own understanding. Acknowledge God in all your ways and he will make your paths straight." Believing ONLY in ourselves is wrong thinking, but believing in ourselves and going God's way is a good step to incredible courage.

Best Answer