at times i have been to generous, forgiving, too nice and trusting and all of this have led me to make a rug out of myself. people have taken advantage of me. i wonder is it possible to regain respect from those same people? if so, how?
veronica4ever veronica4ever 26-30, F 9 Answers Mar 7, 2012

Yes it is but you will have to stand up for yourself. This isn't to say you have to stop being your generous, forgiving, nice and trusting self but you need to be much more selective in who you give it to. If someone has abused this in the past, then they probably don't deserve it in the future unless they can show that they will not abuse it anymore (this usually takes time to rebuild trust).

Best Answer

By letting them feel that awesome feeling of getting thrown under a bus!

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

Bite their ankles!

Best Answer

Best Answer

Grow a spine and an attitude. Tell people to **** off and they will look at differently...

Best Answer

Bitchier yes, angry no. Having an attitude and a backbone is not being angry. It is being rather confident about who you are and expressing that confidence... or should I say being a clever ***** not an angry *****...

Best Answer

Beat them within an inch of their life.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Why in the world would you allow someone to walk all over you?? You have to have respect for yourself before anyone else will respect you!

Best Answer

obviously i wasn't aware at the time that they were taking advantage of me, i am trusting so when people tell me something i assume that they are saying the truth. no one that is aware of the scheme they are being put through would allow it. by the time i've found out it's been too late. and WHO ANSWER A QUESTIONS WITH ANOTHER QUESTION! DUMB ***!

Best Answer