I can' t believe a beautiful little15 year girl was found dead in Clinton, Mass. My stomping grounds. Hurting. No foul play suspected...But it just adds to all of my misery...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 14 Answers Jun 11, 2012

That is something out of your control. I know it is sad but you need to focus on the things that are in your control.

Best Answer

I Know....God grant me the Serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the Courage the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.....

Best Answer

That's right.

Best Answer

Things happen around us which can affect us in many ways .... but you can't take it all onto your shoulders ... be kind to yourself and know that being aware of the beauty and kindness in the world will help you to come to terms with the crueller aspects of life. There is still so much good out there.

Best Answer

Oh Mz Maine, it's tragic, truly awful. Sadly there is nothing you or I can do about it. We have to keep reminding ourselves that we are just one person and we have to live our lives to the best we can. Do not let this get the better of you. If you wish to make a contribution to any cause that is a result of this tragedy do so, it will help your soul, but remember you must must must not let this get the better of you.

Best Answer

OH MY DEAR I LOVE YOU!!!

Best Answer

Aw shucks that's lovely :) ((((huggs to ya))))

Best Answer

As shite as this is, remember, there are lots of EP'ers who love you and help you!

Best Answer

Oh my Goodness! You just reminded me of growing up! We were never allowed to swear! Nothing allowed in the swear jar~~~~~I have so much respect for people in general. I just can't imagine myself using that kind of language.

Best Answer

I haven't figured out why things that don't directly affect me get me down more than the things closest to me.

Best Answer

I'll take one for the team and eat that slice of chocolate cake for you ;)<br />
Bad, bad calories... come to Mommy...

Best Answer

I can so understand how you feel, as I take it to heart whenever a child is hurt or killed. Whenever I hear of a crash, I pray to God for it not to be a child.

Best Answer

Princess, sometimes things like that will happen and they are totally outside of your control. There's nothing you could have done to prevent it, and the only thing you can do now is to pray for her and her family. There are times when things can cause misery...but things like this, while tragic, are not your burden and allowing it to add to your misery is counterproductive. You have things you can affect positively...concentrate on those things you can do to make life better, and don't become too mired in things over which you have no control. It's a bit of "tough love", but hopefully it helps you get your head focused elsewhere. Peace.

Best Answer

Sorry for her and her family and also how it has affected you. I have depression and I avoid the news. I read it online and only the things I want to know about. It helps, well I find it does, to limit the negative stuff going into my mind.

Best Answer

very sad :((( she's in a better place where there is no death; no hurting, and no sadness. she's in better place now than we are; she's with God

Best Answer

Haha!

Best Answer