imjustlikeyou imjustlikeyou 22-25, F 27 Answers May 6, 2010

You cant learn to trust them again - they have to earn your trust back. Only through repeated actions where they demonstrate that they are trust worthy will you begin to feel that you can trust them again. Thats just the way it is. You dont "give" trust - the other guy earns it.

Best Answer

i don't. one strike and you're out.

Best Answer

if I have lost trust in someone, why would I want to regain it?

They blew it...

Best Answer

If the betrayal was truly intentional, then try and remember that other peoples' behaviors are a statement about themselves and not you.

Do what you need to do to regain your own sense of balance and confidence.

Best Answer

you cannot trust that person ever again!

Best Answer

I'm a slow learner. It's taken me ages to realise that I can't trust them again and that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Best Answer

I don't think you can... once bitten, twice shy.... and after being betrayed why would you want to.

Best Answer

I can't speak in general but I will speak for myself. I had to be willing to open myself to trusting again despite having a guard and defenses up. It is a risk you have to take if you ever expect to get close or intimate with someone again.

Best Answer

Learn from the betrayal and guard yourself from letting it happen ever again .

Best Answer

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU CAN EVER LEARN TO TRUST ANOTHER PERSON "AFTER THEY BETRAYED YOU".

We might forgive, but we can never forget

What's done is done

We cannot go back and rewrite the script to fit our need to trust this person.

Best Answer

Depends on what you are made of.

Best Answer

if the person still means that much to you then its not for you to learn how to trust them again its for them to prove that they can be trusted to you ive been so badly hurt before n didnt think i wud eva trust again but love is great but it wont work without the trust so its up to you i took the chace n it worked for me for 4 years so far i still think bowt it but if you gunna give it another go you must start from fresh

Best Answer

I've been betrayed by one of the best--a self-described pathological liar that convinced me she had cancer. I've been able to trust others because I know that not everyone is the same as her, (actually, not many people are;) though after that experience I study people much more deeply before I get too involved. Learning about personality types helped me a lot.

Two books that I found most helpful are "Please Understand Me II" by David Keirsey, and "Games Personalities Play" by Eve Delunas. They make a good set.

Best Answer

Tread lightly watch your back, and give them the benefit of the doubt , it takes time to rebuild trust

Best Answer

Don't do it!...YOU CAN'T!!

Best Answer

To me one of the main keys in restoring trust is FORGIVENESS.

If one does not forgive the offender then you won't ever trust them again.

Forgiveness, does not necessarily mean forgetting. Eventually the sting of a betrayal/broken trust will diminish. It just takes time.

In my view trust can be such a fragile thing.

It can be freely given, yet when broken it is so very hard to regain it's past characteristics.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The following entries came from this website:

http://changingminds.org/explanations/trust/what_is_trust.htm

Trust is both and emotional and logical act.

Emotionally, it is where you expose your vulnerabilities to people, but believing they will not take advantage of your openness.

Logically, it is where you have assessed the probabilities of gain and loss, calculating expected utility based on hard performance data, and concluded that the person in question will behave in a predictable manner. In practice, trust is a bit of both. I trust you because I have experienced your trustworthiness and because I have faith in human nature.

We feel trust. Emotions associated with trust include companionship, friendship, love, agreement, relaxation, comfort.

There are a number of different ways that we can define trust.

Definition 1: Trust means being able to predict what other people will do and what situations will occur. If we can surround ourselves with people we trust, then we can create a safe present and an even better future.

Definition 2: Trust means making an exchange with someone when you do not have full knowledge about them, their intent and the things they are offering to you.

Definition 3: Trust means giving something now with an expectation that it will be repaid, possibly in some unspecified way at some unspecified time in the future.

Definition 4: Trust means enabling other people to take advantage of your vulnerabilities—but expecting that they will not do this.

Best Answer

Broken trust can not be fixed with superglue. It takes time, and a special glue called love.

Best Answer

You just have to sack it up and do it!

Best Answer