What do you do when trust is broken in some way......but in the current senario you are doing no wrong. How do you continue to take the questioning without just wanting to yell, scream at the one doing the questioning?
MegJgeM MegJgeM 31-35, F 9 Answers Mar 2, 2009

You can't make anyone do anything.....

Once trust is broken, it's so hard to fix that.

But, it can be done.

They have to be willing to forgive.

And you have to be willing to do whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, to make it right....

If either one of those two things do not happen....it will never work.....sometimes, it's irretrievably broken.

Good luck.

Best Answer

You should not expect this person to trust you. You don't deserve it just as they didn't deserve your deceit. If you care about them, you will let them trust you in their own time, if you push them to trust you, you will not get it.

Best Answer

I have been in this situation for like 12 years with my wife. It does get old after a while, but it's hard for me to ***** about. I take it as penance for having screwed up and made the mistake in the first place.

Counseling helped tremendously, and in time, I've been able to prove myself rehabilitated. We've made some good inroads. I'm not going to lie though, you will probably always hear it to some degree. It doesn't really go away. If it's worth it, you'll have to live with it. Do like I do and turn the TV up or something. This helps. LOL

Best Answer

Sometimes all that matters is love. He has to feel it in his heart.. at least that's what i think.

Best Answer

well i can relate to you on this one. it is very hard, but being that we were the one who did something wrong, and not the other person (i am assuming because you said the distrust was on your part) and because we were the person to make the mistake, we really can do nothing else except prove to our friend, partner, parent whoever that we CAN be trusted and that we can honestly say we have learned from our mistake and that it will not happen again. but up until you reach that point it seems like you will have to deal w. the questioning. but on the other hand, when does the questioning end? even after proving yourself? i think that is something that needs to be discussed with the other person. for example, ask them what can i do that i am not already doing that will prove to you i am being honest. because ****, you cannot live your entire life being questioned by someone you care about...

Best Answer

personally, I put the thoughts and wishes of others behind me. I don't care. I try my best to be a truthful, honest, caring person. If I do my best and someone else doesn't like that . . . Well, I can't do anything else except do my best and I don't care what others think. In this life you will always run into those who want to bring you down to their level of misery and despair. Don't let them. Even if it is a lover and they refuse to beleive the truth - let them go. You will be much happier and much more content by doing so. Good luck.

Best Answer