Please no hate! I know I need to stop and I'm trying to. (Not sure if it makes a difference, I purge probably once a day minimum)
AlisonDI AlisonDI 13-15 14 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Image & Weight

Your throat, gums, teeth, and vocal chords are damaged everytime you purge. Continued purging can lead to death.<br />
I suggest you contact a therapist specializing in eating disorder rehabilitation.

Best Answer

Purging doesn't mean you're a bad person. It simply means that your brain is begging for help, love and support, most of all from the person who matters the most. Which is you. Try to love yourself. You are beautiful in every way right now. All physical things pass. There is no perfection. Even the most beautiful models have insecurities about their bodies. But true beauty is in accepting yourself, flaws and all, and contracting on making yourself into a more loving and compassionate person.

Best Answer

Try a spoon of honey. But honey, in the long run this will cause you irreversible health issues if you don't get actual help for what ever reason you've chosen to self harm. <br />
I've come a long way and you can too ! The strength is within all of us ! I wish you good health.

Best Answer

No, not forever. But your throat isn't going to heal until you can stop. Remember this isn't anything that's your fault - its beyond your control and if you aren't seeking some professional help, I'd advise it. It does work. Lots of people can get past bulimia.

Best Answer

You will permanently damage it if you purge enough. How do you do that? At your age, I needed all the calories I could get.

Best Answer

Haha it's easy, hard at first but you used to it. I'm not crazy, I promise :P

Best Answer

No, not crazy. I have known a few who did what you do. I understand as well as I ever can. If you get a rush from it, like with cutting, it can be hard to stop. You have to redirect your thoughts to something better. A competent counselor might help.

Best Answer

Thanks for not judging me :)
Do you cut?? I've stopped a lot because I have ugly scars, and I get 'checked' and if I do it I have to be rushed to the ER... fun!

Best Answer

No, that was not an option in my generation -- that I knew of at the time, anyway. But I do have an uncool history with depression and have enough self-destructive relatives and friends (mostly, but not all, alcoholics) to have some confidence in the things I recommend as helpful. Redirecting IS really an exceptional concept. Yes, it can be hard to implement, but it works. It is not foolproof; after all, you are having to do consciously what normal people do without thinking. But hey, so you have some setbacks. No big deal, just analyze, learn, and get better. Picking quality friends is also helpful. Life is dukkha, but that doesn't mean that dukkha is bad.

Best Answer

Stop purging! No hate - Just stop.

Best Answer

It might not be, but like the other poster said you should see a doctor. In the meantime, I'd drink some herbal teas mixed with honey and other natural lubricants which will ease the throat.

Best Answer

take a losenge & see a doctor

Best Answer

You really should try yo get help.. and try not to purge. you can do it I believe in you

Best Answer

That makes me have hope, thank you for believing in me. You have made my day :)

Best Answer