lonesomedove80 lonesomedove80 31-35, F 16 Answers Nov 1, 2010

If you love them genuinely, and it's not infatuation, then I think you are just going to love whom you love.

All you can do is distract. You can try to focus on the less favorable aspects of the personality and lifestyle of the person. You can try to reason it away and remind yourself that it isn't going to happen. That it wasn't meant to be. That things happen or don't happen for a reason. That there is probably a big difference between what you think the relationship would be and what would actually happen.

Then you try to stay away from this someone and reprogram your mind to focus on other things and people.

I've had to do this. All of this.

But, in my experience, if it's love...... you love who you love. Love can change somewhat. And if you love someone who is an illusion, then it can die with that illusion. Because you never loved something real. But love in its truer form- its greatest and most singular characteristic- is that it lasts.

Best Answer

story of my life

Best Answer

You can only stop yourself if you want to stop otherwise that person is always with you and the more he/she is with you, the stronger your feelings become for that person. Not healthy and incredibly sad as well but yet living with what could be and what isn't is somewhat comforting than living with nothing at all.

Best Answer

so true i think the more you try to stop the harder it is

Best Answer

It depends on the individual but as for myself,I'm married to a lovely lady but still fell in love with another woman.She moved away and my heart was broken...and still is.I believe loving someone you can't have is like a bereavement,you come to terms with it but never truly recover.

Best Answer

ohhh that's hard to do...well...I suppose...find someone else that you can have..of compromise somehow maybe?:) I

Best Answer

Just forget about it-no means no-cannot change their mind. All that obsessing is gonna make you hurl. Move on and before you know it there will be another to break your heart.

Best Answer

Have the willpower to stop thinking about this person all the time..

It's not easy but it ain't that hard maybe..

Best Answer

I fell in love with a man many years ago, and have moved on, but know in my heart he was the only man for me. You learn to get on with it, but your heart is never the same again, nor does it really belong to anyone other than that person....you never forget and never stop loving.

Best Answer

You don't stop yourself from loving someone you can't have. You either find a way to "have" them, or project that person onto someone else and love them instead.

Best Answer

By finding someone who you can have ;)

Best Answer

You dont because even if you cant have them you cant stop loving them.---- this is not to say life shouldnt move on but the feeling can grow and the benefits can be reeped. Pleasure has no sacrred cows

Best Answer

The faster you get away from them the easier it is to let it all go away.

Best Answer

Get to know them.

Best Answer

sheer willpower

Best Answer