I was given a necklace, and it is fairly heavy and the pearls are not exactly round, they have like.........ridges and some of them are almost bell shaped. Also they are more of a creamy color as opposed to white. They are fairly large maybe like half an inch. I'm just wondering if there is a way to figure it out at home.
ImUrWILDESTDrm ImUrWILDESTDrm 36-40, F 9 Answers Jun 4, 2010

If you rub a real peal across your teeth--it doesn't squeak. Like a real diamond will etch glass.

Best Answer

it didn't squeek

Best Answer

Here is a really great resource that should answer your question and good luck!<br />
http://jarodsforge.blogspot.com/2006/12/jarods-tip-of-day.html

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

Believe me, a fake pearl looks nothing like a real one

Best Answer

this necklace is also quite heavy

Best Answer

How do you define as real cause some companys put a little pice of rock or marble to start the Perl making process cause pearls are made when something is introduced into the "mouth" of the oyster that should not be there and the oyster will put a coating on in efforts to eject the unknown ob<x>ject. these are called cultured pearls<br />
but real pearls are made then the oyster eats something and some sand gets in there these are called natural pearls and the most expensive but are the most beautiful.<br />
the cultured pearl will have a lot bigger more dense core than a natural pearl <br />
cultured pearls are like gold plating and real pearls are like 24 kt<br />
so to be able to differentiate in between the two you would most likely have to x ray them....

Best Answer

I define real as it came out of an oyster and not out of a machine.

Best Answer

The "teeth test" is no longer valid, as many companies now apply artificial nacre over resin <br />
"pearls". Generally, the more dissimilar they are, the more likely they are to be real. Under strong light with a magnifying glass, you will notice irregular ridges and valleys. Th higher degree of variation, the greater the likelihood that they are real.

Best Answer

this one threw me for a loop

Best Answer

Trust me youll know when its real compare at a jewelry store their shine has a creamy depth to them i was told that pink pearls are not real but i still want a certain pink pearl ring.

Best Answer

that sound pretty, these are like a creamy bone color

Best Answer