We have dated for 4 months now and its been pretty good and he tells me he loves me every now and then and texts me and calls me but he has been acting really weird like acting like he is upset when I ask him if he is ok he never replies or he changes the subject then when I try to hug him or hold hands he now pushes me away or he lets go of my hand after like 5 to ten seconds I don't know why he does this.
christinahether christinahether 31-35, F 9 Answers Dec 30, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Ever think you're smothering him?

Best Answer

If the distance between a given point x on your body, and a given point y on his body increases over a given window of time.

Best Answer

Ask him directly. Men (more generally, all people) are a lot worse at reading anything than they imagine or communicating by 'hints'... Direct communication with no margin for error is the only way to be sure - although it requires a lot more heart and courage.

He shouldn't be offended, and if there is an issue you are probably in a better position by dealing with it sooner rather than later... or you can find out if you are imagining it. :)

People will often make a lot more effort to please the other half during the first few months of a relationship than they do long term... its natural and difficult to avoid.

Best Answer

He is coming out of the closet?

Best Answer

guess I read THAT wrong, I thought it said how do you know if your boyfriend is pulling out of you

Best Answer

Like get a clue? Everybody likes a little space. Pull back first! Don't force the issue. Show him two can play that game! It's all part of being with someone? No one wants another to just hang on like a baby monkey? Show some class.

Best Answer

When this question crosses my mind

Best Answer

Yeah I can relate. I hate it, when you think everything is ok then all of a sudden something triggers them to start acting differently. And if you don't mention it to them or ask you're left to wonder and worry if it's something you've done. Just ask. No harm should come of that if he can tell you honestly. Good luck!

Best Answer

Ask him, don't wait around. I think either he is done with you there is someone else in his life or he is sick. Open communication is the best policy.

Best Answer