central america and south america and spain speak spanish....i hate being told im a mexican just becaz of how i look. I am 100% spanish and i speak spanish and since i speak and look spanish people think im mexican but im not. one of my parents is from argentina and the other one from el salvador
ramostorres ramostorres 18-21 18 Answers Sep 19, 2012 in Family Struggles

LOL so true...

Best Answer

The right word is hispanic maybe latino. But it's just one of those culturally issues. Many people think anyone who looks Asian is Chinese. Many times they may be Korean, Vietnamese, or Japanese.

Best Answer

I think of it as a component.

Best Answer

now, everyone is mixed w/ everyone... well, not skin heads!! hahaha.. my son is mixed wt/bk. I told him , when he starts to date to say he is hawaiian - sounds sexy!! haha dont get so upset, just tell someone what you are. :)

Best Answer

It's because people feel compelled to squish you into these narrow categories they're created. There's no room for Mexican. As far as many are concerned, if your hair is dark, but you're eyes aren't slanted, you're Mexican. End of story.

Best Answer

im african american and people think im spanish

Best Answer

ya must be in Texas giirl

Best Answer

IL

Best Answer

Because some people are ignorant about people of other cultures. Where I live (California) people assume (erroneously, obviously) everyone who speaks Spanish is Mexican. Back east, they're assumed to be Puerto Rican or Cuban.

Best Answer

Hi, Sunkissed14 ! Hanging in there, thanks ;)

Best Answer

I am from Turkey and people assume that I am spanish.

Best Answer

If it looks like a duck

Best Answer

So what part of Mexico are you from?

Best Answer

It happens to me too. I'm dark enough to pass. Plus my kids are blond and blue eyed so every once in a while someone assumes I'm my own kids nanny. It's hilarious. I don't find it insulting, though. The mexican friends I have are pretty good looking!

Best Answer

They hate being discriminated because of how they look.

Best Answer

They do?

Best Answer

I usually think tan with small foreheads are Mexicans

Best Answer