Practice. I $ucked at first...but while I was waiting for everyone else to finish their schoolwork, I doodled, and doodled, and drew and drew...<br />
So in my case I have to say the public school system caused me to draw well.

Best Answer

from what ive seen, people with artistic abilities can keep their mind hyperfocused on one thing. People who are usually musically talented have the tendency to let their minds wander. If this isnt clear to you, try to picture a circle with your eyes closed. If the circle starts distorting itself, it becomes harder and harder to draw. Eventually it becomes some odd polygon that was never intended to be. Im pretty sure most "artists" can hold the thought of what a circle looks like without allowing itself to be distorted quickly. Another idea is that everybody operates on different wavelengths that allow us to have a certainspectrum of abilities. For instance, some +people can learn things if it resonates with them better. I learned to read at age 3 and could spell better than a majority of people (even with words ive never learned). How could i excel at something that i didnt spend time with? Maybe its a certain wavelength or genetic setting that determines where i may surpass. I was practically born with an ability to spell, but i can barely draw even with years of practice. What determines what we are interested in is the same force that determines what we are good at. Ex: i hate vegetables, there was no training.... I just hate them naturally. The same goes with drawing or engineering. I just cant resonate with it. Since i can resonate with music, i can write it effortlessly. I assume these forces that determine this are just invisible waves that bind the universe.

Best Answer

Read how to (Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: A Course in Enhancing Creativity and Artistic Confidence) it words it out by describing the feeling and actions. It teaches people that can't draw to draw.It has clear instruction and excersises that will have you drawing without relizing it yourself that you can draw! I read this book for curiousity it was interesting and as he broke things down on first how to turn off the left side of your brain that brings conflict and distortion to drawing. As i read me having already knowledge and ability to draw reminded me of the struggle and phases in drawing styles i overcame to be at the level i am today. Also of excerises our art teacher had us do wich at the time i thought were strange but having read this book i understand that it is the way your brain perceives things.

Best Answer

great question. this comes up all the time at my school. it seems the people that major in science, or math can't draw. maybe it has something to do with logic? an inability to be creative but can be scientific?

Best Answer

I'm good at maths, science and art. I got the highest grades in my year for maths and science, and I was one of the best in art too. :P

Best Answer

im good at all three but my passion is in art and makes me better at that than the other two

Best Answer

I think it's a combination of practice and genetics. An analogy: some people are just great at school and can get straight A's hardly making a sweat. Others work hard for their straight A's, and still others find it impossible.<br />
I think that practice is more powerful of a factor than genetics though. Even if you have a bad predisposition, effort can really take you far (though you may never get to the level of an artistic genius).

Best Answer

Because not everyone has a pencil.

Best Answer

God given talent I guess.<br />
I wish I could draw.<br />
: (

Best Answer