my question is why do they get published at all? is there a good poet that anybody knows about? thats still alive,
veronica4ever veronica4ever 26-30, F 8 Answers Feb 9, 2011

You've read the wrong pieces then. Keep reading.

Best Answer

definitely.

Best Answer

The best is as good or better than it ever was; it's just that none of the **** stuff from the past has survived because it was **** and that makes it look like all poets and writers in the past were awesome.<br />
Personally though I refuse to read anything from before the 20th Century. I find all of the "classics" are overly wordy and generally dull to read. Personal preference though.

Best Answer

It's all a matter of opinion

Best Answer

Today's artists are rewarded more for creating songs and movies than for poems or paintings.

Best Answer

ok, make sense. i love the lyrics in some songs they r very beautiful. so they are where the money is in a way, lol. i jus wish they wouldn't behind the curtains. like the people that i see being admired n worshipped i feel dont deserve it because they r just a pretty face that sings not the one that actually writes the beautiful words in the song, that touch the listener.

Best Answer

Poetry has become very boring, rather than entertaining or fun But I think things are beginning to change.

Best Answer

does mine suxxx
I saw a lovely lady
walking down the street
she wore a pair of slippers
so cute upon her feet.
she smiled at me in passing
i will surlely see yet another
because that lovely lady
passing by just happened to be my mother.

well not too bad for such short notice

Best Answer

no i cant say there is. i do write but its simply to put what i feel into words. since i am mute reading my own words kind of well purifies my feelings

Best Answer