OutgoingMarc OutgoingMarc 56-60, M 9 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Community

It's not a day off, it's Remembrance Day. It's also George S. Patton, Jr's birthday. So, I put my flag out and think about my father, my grandfathers, my several greats-grandfather and namesake, and my friends from my days in the service of my beloved country and all the wonderful veterans that I have met ever in my life.

Best Answer

Thanks for the Remembrance Day. But, It is a Fed and California state employee holiday.

Best Answer

Good for them. Glad they can get paid for doing nothing, except at home, not at work.

Best Answer

You could say greed, but I'd just say it's because American businesses don't hire many veterans.

Best Answer

The last study I saw on it showed that Americans take less time off than the Japanese. Less than half the population now has full time job and those that do work ridiculous hours. The ones who work part time work jobs in places that brag about staying open on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Seriously, who the hell buys a pizza on Thanksgiving and Christmas? Sanity has left the work place.

Best Answer

You know, not everyone celebrates christmas? Christmas has been "Go see a movie day" for the jews for a long time.

Best Answer

My own kids are half Jewish and I can certainly understand movie theaters staying open, but pizza delivery? Give me a break! In some places I could understand them staying open but these are national chains that brag about staying open just to prove to their customers they're willing to bend over and grease their butts for them. It needs to stop and Americans need to start acknowledging the insanity that has taken over the workplace.

Best Answer

My current job for the last two years only gives me 5 days off a year so it would be nice.

Best Answer

Most developed countries legislate at least a mandatory 10 days a year off.

Best Answer