Studies show that the more attractive (easy on the eye) a human is the more chance they are to produce healthy offspring. For instance Emma Watson/ Mila Kunis/ David Beckham? There will always be a person that doesn't think they are attractive? What does that mean? Does that throw out the whole theory of attractive people being the better option to reproduce? Don't you just love theories
CarcinogenicCacti CarcinogenicCacti 31-35, F 3 Answers Jun 12 in Health

I'd say that's a very, very simplified theory of attraction that leaves out numerous factors.

Best Answer

Is like to hear more from you... You sound like you know what you are on about.
Always interested in theories about the strange species that we are ... The human race

Best Answer

While it is likely true that there are visual indicators of health (skin quality, hair quality, physique, etc), there are definitely numerous other factors as well. One that is easy to overlook is scent. It's quite possible the females in particular are affected by the scent of a potential partner, since this can correlate with hormone levels and the compatibility of their immune systems. In choosing long term mates, psychological compatibility is also a major concern, and is a possible contributor to people's willingness and desires to have homosexual relationships. Additionally, there is the willingness to mate that must be considered. A person that shows no interest at all in you will be perceived as less attractive, and one that shows great interest will be perceived as more attractive, this is because any opportunity to mate is evolutionarily superior to no opportunity. It's worth noting that every single factor of attraction (I've probably overlooked some) has a debate of it's own, but in general it seems to be something we understand, even if we can't quantify it.

Best Answer

Seems like bs. Emma Watson can have my offspring though :)

Best Answer

or mine :)

Best Answer

I doubt such theories are necessarily bad science by any means (in theory, I can't say for sure), but and though I would call the human condition unique, I'm pretty sure even most animals (certainly every mammal I know of) have shown different tastes.

Best Answer

Yes I should have re phrased my question perhaps? This is interesting. How do we aquifer taste .... Hmmm

Best Answer

Aquire *** wtf

Best Answer

I think the general scientific idea is that we acquire taste through centuries of DNA mix-matching. Probably something we'll find evidence of with enough knowledge into quantum physics/mechanics, if you ask me.

Best Answer