Well, you're certainly not going to do it. I am sick and tired of everyone putting their dramatic panties in a twist. Are there disappointments in this generation? Yes. Do they need to mature? Yes. HAS THIS HAPPENED BEFORE? Yes, only every ******* generation. <br />
Cut the sanctimonious crap. You're using standards of OTHER generations to judge your own. Society changes. Period, it's a fact that you need to learn to accept. "In my day we never ____," and "What happened to girls ______." Society changed, that's what happened. That doesn't mean that this generation is going to bring about the end of the world. <br />
Actually, this generation is going to usher in a new generation and a new world. There are going to be breakthroughs in science and medical advancements. The art world will change and we will learn more about our history as human beings than we ever have before. The universe is at our fingertips, and we will reach out and grab it.<br />
And it's no thanks to people like you, who sit there and complain rather than making things happen for themselves, or, God forbid, letting the generation know that you believe in them. No, it's much better to moan and mourn.<br />
Your generation doesn't need saving, but you do.

Best Answer

Point made... every generation is different. And there's not really a set of rules for a 'perfect' generation either. And although you have reason to believe that I will do nothing, and sit around all day like the kinds of people I whine about here, I take offense (call it hypocritical, but I do) to the fact that you think I'm not going to do anything. I have every intention to achieve, and I see you and every other person on this planet, dead or alive, as, effectively, a competitor in a competition to make the biggest changes, and live and create the happiest lives. I see your point, my rant could be perceived as somewhat thoughtless, even though I do think we can't sugarcoat it, and say that we're surrounded by geniuses right now. There's room for a lot of improvement. But I'm not a piece of trash. Don't imply that I am in the future, please.

Best Answer

I think you're wasting time complaining that would be better spent working on YOURSELF. Stop judging everyone else and start looking in the mirror and toward your own future.
By what right do you sit here and pass judgment, and complain about others? Or should you start focusing on yourself? How are you helping anyone or anything right now?

Best Answer

As of right now, I'm not, I admit. What could I be doing at this exact moment? Good question, I should probably (no sarcasm) make some sort of list or plan. Neither of us is doing anything particularly useful now. But I fail to see what's wrong with leisure time in moderation. I like a good argument! And I suppose I could say that discussing issues I see as important and reading others' opinions on them is constructive.

Best Answer

You're using your leisure time to complain about OTHERS. Tell me how that is in any way positive? Not even productive, just positive. You're being unnecessarily judgmental, and, ironically, you're showing the age that you have complained about.

Best Answer

I apologise in advance for whining on like I'm about to, but am I not allowed to vent? Sure, you could say I could keep it off the internet at least, but look, I didn't, I cannot change that now. And since when are you setting the rights and wrongs about how leisure time should be spent? And another thing, yes, I'm complaining, but what are you doing? The exact same thing. Alright, if it makes us both happy, I'll say this: some of the things I said in my question were unnecessary. But neither of us is better than the other.

Best Answer

No, you're not allowed to vent. Because you're venting because you're judging others. And you aren't allowed to judge others, so you don't need to vent in this instance.
What I am doing is hopefully getting through to you. I am not complaining, first of all. I've done nothing but try to teach you. And hopefully, by the end of this, you will have learned something.

Best Answer

We all judge others. There's no use even trying to deny that, it's just something we do. Look, what I've said has clearly irritated you, and all I can do is apologise, and suggest that it might be better to look elsewhere if ever you see things like this again. And I do see a certain amount of bickering between us both, complaining included, but knowing that you mean well puts my mind at ease a lot more. Aye, I've learned one thing, definitely; venting of this nature on the internet, and probably to anyone else I don't know well, will just result in arguing. It's like arguing over religion in that way. And I respect that you mean to teach me a valuable lesson, in all seriousness. Resolved, then? :)

Best Answer

What irritates me is the immaturity that your question demonstrates, and your refusal to acknowledge it. That will get you nowhere in life. It's not like arguing religion. There is a clear right and wrong here.

Best Answer

I've admitted that I said some unnecessary things, and looking at it, my question is included. But I've asked that now, it's there, and I can't take it back, nor do I really wish to, if I'm perfectly honest. I really should have posted this under Confessions, not Questions. And naturally, because I wrote that, I see truth in it, and there are elements in it that I'm going to agree with. I wouldn't write something I saw as wrong. If you think all of what I wrote is wrong, that's your view, and I'm sorry it's offended and irritated you, but I see right in it, as I said. And what I meant by it being similar to arguing about religion is that we have two different views that we're both protective and supportive over.

Best Answer

You see nothing wrong with judging others. You see nothing wrong with being negative and judgmental rather than optimistic and supportive. Maybe we're coming at this from two different angles. Do you really want to be that person? That negative, unhappy person? I assumed that no, you'd rather be happy and successful, but if I'm wrong - if you're content to be the pessimistic, unhappy moaner - then I do concede.

Best Answer

As I said, judgements are made all the time, we can't pretend we're innocent of it. It's just a fact of life; we judge all the time, regardless of whether it's 'right' or 'wrong'. I'm quite happy the way I am, like to think I'm successful, and I have never heard that I'm pessimistic or particularly whiney. Wait, isn't that a judgement of me you're making there? But my morals allow for you judge, and if you want to believe that I'm a negative person, I can definitely tolerate that. What's frankly more important to me is that I know I'm not. I don't think either of us knows enough about the other to be making such detailed analyses, either way.

Best Answer

It's an observation; cool your heels, child. You know perfectly well the judgments of which I speak. Let's not play around with an ambiguous definition, as though we don't both know what this conversation is about.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, I can hardly help being somewhat irritated. 'Cooling your heels' is something that would best have been done at the start. And you know perfectly well that you're not innocent of being able to do the same. Which is why I'm not going to continue this conversation. I think it's just become a silly flame war, and as I said, I'm all for a good debate, but this is getting ridiculous, and, using a word you used that seems rather appropriate here, immature. You don't like how I view certain people, and I don't like how you go about expressing your views. Could we leave it at this? I honestly don't think we're going to gain a great deal.

Best Answer

Then yes, at the start you should have accepted what I said and observed truth in your own responses, rather than continuing to blindly defend yourself. I think it would be very beneficial for you to see what you are doing, and I think you may be making progress. I don't see this as "flame war" (as a side note, what IS that?). By all means, tell me what you don't like about me expressing my views and trying to help you - is it the straightforwardness? Or the audacity of pointing out a shortcoming? You have been quite content with those who have agreed with you, I see.

Best Answer

The reason I 'blindly defended' myself was more expressing offense at your frank distaste for my rather bluntly put view on the morals and motivation of our peers than anything else. And I think that by making progress, you mean that I appear to be agreeing with you more as time goes on. Which leads on to what you said next: naturally I'm going to agree with an opinion similar to mine. If I'd completely agreed with you from the start, this whole conversation would not have been had, and we wouldn't have been so quick to counter each other. I'm sorry, I've already said I won't argue any more, so I won't. This has been an interesting talk, to say the least!

Best Answer

Yes yes yes, you won't argue any more, despite the fact that it's a discussion, not an argument, and that makes you the bigger person. You may live in I just really hope that this conversation encourages you to think twice before you start to judge others again. I hope this opens your mind a little bit and helps you focus on things that are actually important, rather than blindly bemoaning the state of the world in which you live. Hopefully you'll actually think on the conversation that we have had, rather than content yourself with having "won" and running away.

Best Answer

you can't blame them entirely. The media plays in big role in peoples dumbass mindsets. When the government conditions you to think a certain way, you become blind to what is right in front of you. I wish everyone could just wake up.

Best Answer

My argument is this: if people brought up their kids to make their own choices, not blindly follow, and use their minds, then this wouldn't be a problem at all. The media's silliness in some areas would just be regarded as it should be; just silliness. Yeah... let's hope this generation wakes up. I doubt it, really, but it does no harm to dream. Oh well, there're still Alan Turings and Isaac Newtons walking among us, as there always are! Just not as many...

Best Answer

I'm guessing your teacher is a boomer, and for boomers to criticize any other generation is the height of irony. There has never been a more selfish, cowardly, politically correct and unthinking generation than they.

Best Answer

It sounds like you can. Think about it. There are billions of people in the world but how many of those people are the ones who actually make a difference? It is up to the few to save the many; to make the hard decisions that no one likes but also don't understand why they are necessary. I have faith that you see through the shroud of idiocy that surrounds you and can focus on an actual, fundamental goal to affect real change.

Best Answer