ForgottenMuse ForgottenMuse 31-35, F 11 Answers Dec 10, 2011

Think of it for a moment - A teen soap opera - where a werewolf fights over a girl with a vampire - sounds like something to compete with Harry Potter - too bad a girl wrote it - it would have been cool if it was like a monster movie instead

Best Answer

Twilight movies sucks, and the biggest word in the novel chagrin. That being said, Im going to try and play devils advocate here. The books were different then what we are use too, so there is alot slander against it. But honestly, I think it's refreshing to see someone want to change the stereotypical fanged vampires. The book was not written to be a horror plot, it's about the trials of love conquering all. It just happens to be supernatural sprinkled with some action. Another point is they were to be retailed from the point of a veiw of a 16 year old. As Bella grew up so did Stephanie Meyers writing. Buy the time breaking dawn came out her writing had developed and there were alot less grammatical errors lol. I can see how people can be obsessed with Twilight but I for one am not one of them.

Best Answer

Oh wow, yes, its such a stupid series that completely sucks the edge off the vampire legend. I like that the werewolves actually turn into wolves....other than that it sucks. Questions....If you were immortal would you repeat highschool over and over again? Would you fall for a teenage girl when youre centuries old-what would you see in a 17 year old when your 200 and something??? Would you wait until you were married to have sex- thats just their way of making vampires white washed and politically correct for teenagers?? Plus his character is cold, whiney, and self hating...what is so appealing? Its a teen fantasy that brings the vampire legend into the light. Oh I wish for the good old days of Interview with a vampire...and underworld...they could keep doing that forever.

Best Answer

The audience in which twilight it for is early teen to preteen. I read it when I was 16 (like you to see what the hype was for) I thought the books were okay....until i analyzed it. <br />
No fangs? <br />
Sparkling in the sun?<br />
Lanky, pale, boring, clumsy, fidgety, melodramatic - heroine? (In which two boys are fighting over)<br />
Vegetarian Vampires?<br />
Not to mention the "romance" and over dramatized love which is all round selfishness:<br />
Secretly watching someone sleep at night (without them knowing it and enjoying them talking in their sleep) (Bella is human and humans fart at night!) <br />
Putting yourself in harms way to see the one you truly love appear. (Nevermind that you might die and people care about you. And you have an extremely sexy werewolf around who wants to keep you all nice and warm?)<br />
Up and leaving the one you truly love because you put them in too much danger (when the danger is still out there and planning to kill said loved one even if your there or not)<br />
Choosing some lanky, cold, creepy, vegetarian, fang-less vampire over a Hot (literally) Sexy, masculine, breathing, tall, dark and handsome omnivore werewolf?<br />
Twilight is simply and purely a lonely girls fantasy that will never come true (coughs: Stephanie Meyer)

Best Answer

The only possible explanation is it was God's will.

Best Answer

Yeah, I bet those publishers are kicking themselves now for taking a chance on the series.

Best Answer

Its not that it didn't sell that puzzles me, it's the fact that it's so horribly written and cliche that most publishing houses usually wouldn't even take a second glance at such a thing. I also think we are in trouble if twlight sets a new standard for what is to be published as it's lowering that bar way too damn low when it looks like fan fiction.

Best Answer

Publishers are out to make money. They knew those books would make them money. That's all.

Best Answer

*Its not that it DID sell that puzzles me (sorry typo)

Best Answer

Goodness knows.

Best Answer

The publishers were bang on the money when they guessed the average IQ of an american teen girl...

Best Answer

It's not just teenagers. Know how many of thirty something year old friends went to see that new craptastic twilight movie or plans to go see it? *sigh* I think I may be the only one out of all of them that has no interest in it.

Best Answer

Just another point proven that many 30 somethings still have the mentality and intelligence of teenage girls.... :)
Oh, and you're definitely not alone.

Best Answer