It didn't because you can just view the Google Cache of each page, so it wasn't really down at all. You should be asking more how MegaUpload being closed down has affected people.

Best Answer

Thank you! :)
I shall post that question now, with acknowledgement to you.

Best Answer

I had to actually look for another site that could answer my question was just horrible..

Best Answer

You can view the cached page of all Wikipedia pages on Google so it could still be accessed.

Best Answer

I think I got smarter

Best Answer

What did you do that had that effect?

Best Answer

I had no wiki for a day

Best Answer

Not at all. All their pages are cached and accessible through any search engine even when the site is turned off.

Best Answer

Aah! That explains what all these others meant by cached. That means if they lose in court, the information is still there and can still be updated. i kind of thought if they lose, another search engine, or them in a new form would just pop up again, a little bit more savvy about how to work within intellectual property and copyright restrictions. Thanks for your answer! It'll help me heaps if there are any more strikes.

Best Answer

No, it can't be updated... cache is a snapshot in time. But at least the information is there.

Best Answer

It didn't really "effect me" per say, but I Emailed my congressman and signed the petition and told a lot of others to do so on FB.

Best Answer

Good for you! How much I wish more were like you!
I'm in Australia, but makes no difference where Google is concerned.

Best Answer