ablford36 ablford36 36-40, F 37 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in Community

It was like a weight had been lifted....I had spent my whole adult life worrying about 'getting old'....and I thought 40 was it....but once I got there, I was like "This is what I've been so worried about??? Really???" Now I say 'Bring it on!!'

Best Answer

Well they say life begins at forty, then when I turned fifty they said...fifty is the new forty...whatever! Age is just a number to me....your as young as you feel!

Best Answer

I'll let you know when I get there.

Best Answer

I felt fine. It was just another day. Life gets better as you get older.

Best Answer

I was afraid lmao! i vowed to never reach this age, now i'm 44 so its all good!

Best Answer

Hey, 40 is just a number ablford - a very large number at that! It didnt feel any different for me than 39 did...In fact, aside from a few aches and pains, I still feel like a young man, but I've had to cut back on my consumption of chocolate cake - doctors orders, no more than 2 a day!

Best Answer

I was really fine with it - it was 30 that was the problem with me, ha! Did not want it to happen!! lol

Best Answer

It was a big turning point in my life. I had the most wonderful birthday week, one like I'd never had before. People kind of came out of the woodwork to be nice to me and were so generous with both their time and giving me gifts etc. Noone wants to turn into a new decade but this has to be the best decade so far in my life. So, how do I feel? I feel great....a few more eye wrinkles and lots of white hair coming through but I still feel great.

Best Answer

I'm not even thinking about 40.....I have more time as I will be 32 on Saturday!

Best Answer

I hope you have a great birthday! x

Best Answer

Thanks! :)

Best Answer

No biggie, no age has ever really affected me.

Best Answer

Great ... 30 was much harder for me.<br />
40 is a good age .. you're usually more settled in your life and career and still young!

Best Answer

yes, 30 was difficult - thanks for the wise words xx

Best Answer

My pleasure ..
Is it your birthday??? Come on, I wanna know! :)

Best Answer

2 more years!

Best Answer

Pretty much exactly the same. As my much older brother says, its just a number. He's a crane mechanic and says he can climb to the top of a tower crane with a lot less huffing and puffing than most people half his age.

Best Answer

Happy... got my health and few regrets

Best Answer

26 months away

Best Answer

I thought am l going to live on my 40th birthday l was in itensive care

Best Answer

40 didn't bother me much, 50 was hard. 60 holds a lot of promise for me now

Best Answer

i m only 36

Best Answer

Happier times ahead I hoped, boy was I wrong!

Best Answer

great - ............:(

Best Answer

I am sure it will be better for you. :)

Best Answer

I hope so *sob*

Best Answer

They say that's when life begins.

Best Answer

well it better be damned good then!

Best Answer

I am sure your life is wonderful

Best Answer

I felt many things. I felt surprised I had lived that long. I felt that 40 seemed young when I was 39, but had seemed very old when I was 19. I felt that I had seen and experienced so much in my 40 years, it was exhausting, and I couldn't even imagine lasting another 40.

Best Answer

I felt a year older than 39

Best Answer