soliloque soliloque 22-25, F 13 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Unemployment

I was hired by the agency I interned at during my undergrad.

Best Answer

Yea.. the company I worked with went bankrupt 2 weeks before the end of my internship. They rehired me through a different sister company, but said that they won't hire me full time unless I stayed. I had to choose between finishing my degree or keep the job.

Best Answer

In this economy, finding any job is difficult enough. Finding an entry level job that doesn't require you to walk on water is even tougher. You've already indicated you had a paid internship. I would also look into doing volunteer activities and use those activities to not only gain more experience, but also as a networking opportunity.

Best Answer

Civil service tests worked for me

Best Answer

paid internship. Then with that experience got a great job.

Best Answer

It was easy. Right after I was convicted, I was given a job making license plates.

Best Answer

How does your industry expect anyone to get any experience if they can't get a job without experience?

Best Answer

I guess these are hard for everyone, I understand they are looking for the most productive/experienced elements. Because there's a lot of mobility in the video game industry and there is less jobs in the market, only the very good survives. I have to hang in there! :-)

Best Answer

I kept beating on doors until someone hired me.

Best Answer

Sometime the most simple answer is the one we don't see.

Best Answer

Welcome to Obama-nation. He is killing the private sector jobs by his economic policies. Right now, take anything you can get. Many places are hiring seasonal staff for Christmas.

Best Answer

Sorry to break your bubble but I'm a French Canadian. We have the same trouble as you guys up north.

Best Answer

unfortunately as the US economy goes, so goes the world's. In reality that proves my point, Obama wants a social structure similar to Canada's, the UK and much of Europe. It kills the economy. Welcome to the real world.

Best Answer

You know the United States doesn't drive the world economy nearly as much as it used to right? American Exceptionalism is coming to an end, and it's all the rich ******** who offshored manufacturing jobs' fault. So Vote democrat or you're contributing to the problem.

Best Answer

BS. Why does everyone assume that all corporate CEOs are Republican? The Democrats have done just as much to make it more profitable to move jobs overseas. That is as much driven by policy as it is by corporate decisions. If they could compete with the products made here they would. Your view is much too simplistic. There is more involved than you seem to realize.

Best Answer

If you think I don't understand the scope and level of what I'm talking about you clearly don't pay attention to my posts.

Best Answer

What's a real job? How do I tell the difference between that and a fake job?

Best Answer

For me a real job is a position In a studio which is t a dead end for my career and gives me the chance to expand my skills and gives
Me the chance to hopefully be a team leader within 6 or 7 years.

Best Answer

By that definition, I've never had a "real" job and probably never will.

Best Answer

Indeed, maybe im dreaming in HD color a bit.

Best Answer

Mine was years ago. I had lined up some jobs whilst in my final year. I had done some temp assignments with them. So they took me on as soon as I was available. I was able to progress via professional exams through the same company too.

These days,,,,, well things are pretty tough for all young people.

I hope you try you local agencies who may offer temporary jobs or part time that may see you progress.

Best Answer

What is your industry?

Best Answer

Video Game, Cinematics for video games (more precisely)

Best Answer

My brother-in-law used to make video games then he got layed off and had to change industries. He made Polar Bowler.

Best Answer

I had the chance to work with big companies as a paid intern and was very lucky ( Ubisoft, EA) but even with 12 months as a paid intern I've been told I don't have enough experience to be kept.

Best Answer