Questionator Questionator 26-30 47 Answers Nov 1, 2010

Question of the Day

I have been blessed with the opportunity to help many people in many different ways in my life, but probably the most poignant was the night when I called a friend to find out that she was in the middle of deciding whether or not to kill herself. She had a plan and the means to carry it out. I stayed with her on the phone throughout the night. She had been pushed to the edge by loneliness and thinking that she would never ever find love. Less than a year later she married a wonderful man and went on to become a mother. So I just have to add, if you're reading this and feeling down, know that life will always have ups and downs, the trick is to stick around for the ups!

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

I do not like to promote myself as a special person,I have suffered with extreme depression,thankfully I have recovered.Whenever I see someone on line who appears depressed I will always make contact in order to let them know that I am aware of this dreadful illness and I will always offer any support I can give.<br />
This offer is of course open to anyone who is reading this and is feeling depressed,I am here to assist anyone I can.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

I am lerning to live on a wheelchair but a few months back I was paralyzed from the neck down while I could not move my best m8 wanted to kill himself I was able to talk him out of it this time I think me helping him makes me forget about my probs

Best Answer

It's all part of life, isn't it? We all have problems, granted some more than others, and we all - eventually - get from A to B. The greatest skill you can ever give to a friend is to listen. I mean REALLY listen. Then, at least, your friend feels that someone has heard them. That's one part of the problem solved....<br />
With many of my friends, if they do have any issues that they wanna bring to me, I first tell them that I feel honoured that they've felt they can be open with me. Then the listening, then to reflect on what has been said....to be like a mirror for them to see themselves.<br />
With that it's then a case of, ok we're here at this point at the moment. We wanna be at this other point. Now....how do we stand about getting there? Life offers you tool and skills, sometimes contacts, that can help.....<br />
That's what I try to do....<br />
Sometimes though It's just good to get a beer and get drunk.....<br />
Sammy Jo xx

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Talk to them and offer the best advice possible.

Best Answer

I shot them

Best Answer

I helped a friend ... He pointed a gun at me. Wanted to shoot me. Then, he handed me the gun,<br />
wanted me to shoot him, I took the gun, he gave me the bullets, I put them in my pocket, He took <br />
the gun, wanted to shoot me, passed out, I took the gun, left the house, end of party.

Best Answer

Be a friend and do what you know in your heart is right and give him or her the information from your past experiences wich are similar and try to help him or her work through it

Best Answer

OVER a 5 month period..almost $800.00.

Best Answer

I helped a close friend kick a cocaine addiction. 2 years later he saved my life. Best friends til I die.

Best Answer

I talk to them and try to help them. Sooth them, make them feel special and like they can do anything. That would be their greatest motivation. TRY IT!

Best Answer

I wrote them a poem that reflected my thoughts and input on their feelings and obstacles every time they talked to me, and I made them feel better by being the one phone call that would always be answered, and I think I was there for her at the time when she needed a friend the most...

Best Answer

I just listen. I tell the truth as I see and hear it. And I point out to everyone that that are the ones whose opinion matters, not everyone elses. And I make them smile.

Best Answer

The best way to help a friend is to always be there for them. Most people will do it on their own they just need support. We all need a cheerleader occasionally.

Best Answer

When you walk a while with someone who is lost often he/she can find himself. Putting an arm around someone who is down will go a long way to brightening his/her day. Often people don't want advice they simply want to vent so, a listening ear is all that is needed.<br />
I think I have helped many people along the way, but maybe not. It seems the more I think I am helping them the more I am actually being helped. Maybe the score is about even

Best Answer

As there friend I'm always there to help and that goes for all my friends.

Best Answer

listen...it seems around where i am that people come to me because im the only person that can shut up but really im the one who needs listened to but oh well im happy to help:)

Best Answer

I sat them down and told them just right down what was happening and what would happen if they didn't act.

Best Answer

I helped by listening with and praying with. And encouraging her to do what was right

Best Answer

My best friend was in a car accident about nine years back. She had been drinking and drove home. She was in a coma for five to six weeks, which she spent two in ICU. I was the only friend who went and sat with her for two hours every day for those six weeks. She was then moved to another hospital and i wasnt able to visit her. when she came home i was there every day. I am one of those people that dont make friends easily, but if you are my friend, i will help you when you need it. i will listen when you need to talk. if anybody hurts you i will hurt them back (especially boyfriends). most important of all, i will have your back 24/7. But hurt me and you will walk alone.

Best Answer