echoscall echoscall 36-40, F 15 Answers Jul 29, 2012

It took me three attempts, have to be in the right fr<x>ame of mind. I focussed on all the things i hated about smoking and it worked a treat. like the smell on your hands and hair, taste in the mouth, expense, the addiction so needing to head out just for cigarrettes, etc. Good luck x

Best Answer

Switched to Electronic Cigs back in 2009 and have never smoked tobacco since

Best Answer

I stopped putting them in my mouth

Best Answer

You are much stronger than me then , wish I could do that way

Best Answer

After my second cancer operation, at the age of 40, and having smoked 3 packs a day for 22 years, I decided to stop, and I did. cold turkey. Notice I did not say I quit. Two decades later, I still would like to light up a pipe every now and then. I don't. It is a battle that will never end, for me. Your experience may vary, but believe me: nothing good comes from smoking. It is, indeed, not illegal to smoke, in some locations, and I respect those who would like to smoke...I can always leave if the smoke gets too tempting!

Best Answer

Yes a scenario I want to avoid , I think the ongoing desire is what catches me out

Best Answer

Kind of like loosing a love...it never goes away, but it is easier to cope with as each day passes...I avoided beer for 2 years so I would not want a smoke with a beer.

Best Answer

When the want outweighs the need.

Best Answer

I used Chantix. <br />
I have been a non-smoker for 4 years now.

Best Answer

I tried chantix but it didn't work for me..I guess my urge to smoke was stronger than the meds..

Best Answer

Thanks , will have to see if I can get that here, 4 years sounds so good to me right now , a month or too and I am straight back at it

Best Answer

I decided that I didn't want to smoke them anymore, so I stopped buying them.

Best Answer

did you have success quitting smoking ??

Best Answer

Now succeed just over a year , no more !

Best Answer