Ragelovelumos Ragelovelumos 18-21, F 27 Answers Aug 19, 2012 in WTK

My mother was into Shakespeare..as was my father who took advanced acting classes in college. The both loved classic literature and were into the Tempest, by Shakespeare. There was a character by the name of Ariel..some sort of spirit or harpy of some kind, that my mother really liked. The loved that it was also a traditional unisexual name in the Hebrew culture. (We aren't Jewish, my father's side has a faint tie to it.) Unfortunately.. both of my parents weren't paying attention to current culture.. so everyone thought i was named after the Little Mermaid in disney...=(

Best Answer

They allowed my 4 year old sister to name me. Thank goodness they did- they had an alternative, horrible name in mind.

Best Answer

I think they wanted me to become a Blacksmith, by naming me Alvin an anagram of Anvil...hahahaha

Best Answer

Not sure. But they let me choose my own name when I was older enough.

Best Answer

Awesome, so what did you choose?

Best Answer

They chose "Jane" - which my Aunt pointed out rhymed with my last name and was a bad choice.... so then they chose the name I have today, it was their 2nd pick. (Thanks Aunt Viv!)

Best Answer

My aunt told me this story...my mother had planned on a boy, when I was born a girl she was unprepared...she almost named me after my father anyway...but the thought of possibly having a boy down the line stopped them. My father came up with a name he thought was cute, but my mother turned down...after fussing and fuming and being upset my aunt had snuck a bottle of Brandy into the hospital as a gift congratulating my mom on my birth...and encouraged her to relax and a name would just come to her. The bottle was inspiring and thus I was named after the popular drink.

Best Answer

Who KNOWS? Who's bright idea was it to name me "Emolia". I mean, really? People call me "emo". Stupid parents who abandoned me. :/

Best Answer

my parents "knew" i was going to be a girl and they were calling me Hollie before i was born - mum wanted to call me "Holly" and my dad wanted to make it a bit different. :)

Best Answer

I'm named after my great grandmother

Best Answer

Actors name on tv

Best Answer

i have never asked! perhaps i will next time i see them

Best Answer

My great great Aunt on my fathers side, I'm named after her.

Best Answer

I've no idea, but next time I talk to mum i'll ask.<br />
My #1 son was named after 2 newsreaders and has my late Dad's name as his middle name.<br />
#2 son was given my step-dad's middle name as his middle name, because we liked it

Best Answer

I was named after the guy who delivered me.

Best Answer