My mother was into Shakespeare..as was my father who took advanced acting classes in college. The both loved classic literature and were into the Tempest, by Shakespeare. There was a character by the name of Ariel..some sort of spirit or harpy of some kind, that my mother really liked. The loved that it was also a traditional unisexual name in the Hebrew culture. (We aren't Jewish, my father's side has a faint tie to it.) Unfortunately.. both of my parents weren't paying attention to current culture.. so everyone thought i was named after the Little Mermaid in disney...=(

Best Answer

They allowed my 4 year old sister to name me. Thank goodness they did- they had an alternative, horrible name in mind.

Best Answer

I think they wanted me to become a Blacksmith, by naming me Alvin an anagram of Anvil...hahahaha

Best Answer

Not sure. But they let me choose my own name when I was older enough.

Best Answer

Awesome, so what did you choose?

Best Answer

They chose "Jane" - which my Aunt pointed out rhymed with my last name and was a bad choice.... so then they chose the name I have today, it was their 2nd pick. (Thanks Aunt Viv!)

Best Answer

My aunt told me this story...my mother had planned on a boy, when I was born a girl she was unprepared...she almost named me after my father anyway...but the thought of possibly having a boy down the line stopped them. My father came up with a name he thought was cute, but my mother turned down...after fussing and fuming and being upset my aunt had snuck a bottle of Brandy into the hospital as a gift congratulating my mom on my birth...and encouraged her to relax and a name would just come to her. The bottle was inspiring and thus I was named after the popular drink.

Best Answer

Who KNOWS? Who's bright idea was it to name me "Emolia". I mean, really? People call me "emo". Stupid parents who abandoned me. :/

Best Answer

my parents "knew" i was going to be a girl and they were calling me Hollie before i was born - mum wanted to call me "Holly" and my dad wanted to make it a bit different. :)

Best Answer

Actors name on tv

Best Answer

i have never asked! perhaps i will next time i see them

Best Answer

My great great Aunt on my fathers side, I'm named after her.

Best Answer

I've no idea, but next time I talk to mum i'll ask.<br />
My #1 son was named after 2 newsreaders and has my late Dad's name as his middle name.<br />
#2 son was given my step-dad's middle name as his middle name, because we liked it

Best Answer

I was named after the guy who delivered me.

Best Answer