jeanemae jeanemae 26-30 5 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Hobbies

Or if the people who want life so badly could give away some of their will to live to those who are suicidal?

Best Answer

certainly...but those who badly want life don't have any reason to be altruistic in that case

Best Answer

Good idea, except most of the "suicidal" just want attention and would be "scared to death" in their self-centered fear of really dying. While in the military (in a barracks on our way overseas) I saw a guy 'slightly' cut his wrist (in the bathroom with a razor blade not to deep, horizontally) and I tossed him down wrapped up his wrist. As we waited for a medic, I said next time cut your wrist vertically and deeper so you'll bleed out if you really want to die chicken-****.

Best Answer

not everything is a cry for attention. People who truly want to die tend to be more successful. Like tony scott who threw himself off that bridge. I really don't see the point of your counseling the young man on how to properly cut his wrists.

Best Answer

He didn't want to die, he wanted to find away to get discharged. And if someone wants to commit suicide they usually succeed.

Best Answer

If you knew that's what he wanted...why not give him information to help his goal?

Best Answer

I suspect that would soon produce a market in life expectancy which I am sure some would applaud as a good thing.

Best Answer

they already have that..it's called life insurance

Best Answer

I was thinking more of selling a few years of one's life to someone else.

Best Answer

ah, yes..like selling kidneys

Best Answer

no...but that movie about selling life does seem interesting. I was thinking about decriminalizing the wish for death...suicide's still a crime here.

Best Answer