I think it is a lot to do with survival tactics,for example a dog captures your attention and your heart by gaining eye contact, he cleverly knows how to use his eyes and cute face to tug on the heart strings, in much the same way as a baby, they look cute and adorable so as to make sure that they get all the love care and attention they need for their survival. the dog looks cute and so we give in and feed him scraps of food. I can never say no to my dog if he gets my eye contact..it is completely impossible!! :))

Best Answer

And your dog gets away with murder because he is so very cute!

Best Answer

:S they have eyes too. Makes sense.

Best Answer

It's the best place to look a potential threat. Animals are more in touch with that stuff.

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

genetic programming. how bout them caterpillars that have false eyes so predators bite the wrong end?

Best Answer

Didn't know about those caterpillars. Interesting!

Best Answer

No idea, but my cats do it frequently. No wonder they have me wrapped around their paws. Devious little creatures. xD

Best Answer

Aww You must love your cats!

Best Answer

I hang food on my eyelids, so for my pets, it is a learned behavior.

Best Answer

Oh you do not!! :)

Best Answer

Darn. You got me. :(

Best Answer

They look into each other's eyes, can tell a lot from the eyes.

Best Answer

Yes, eyes are very interesting.

Best Answer

Yeah all animals look each other in the eye, my cat would have big stare out with dogs and other cats, they seem to hypnotise birds as well. We are nothing special to them just another being with eyes.

Best Answer

oh yes, my cat would pat my eye lids to wake me up : ) so they know the difference between closed and open.

Best Answer