Lately I've been finding myself falling asleep closer to 6 am New York time.. thinking about it that's close to 10 pm in Melbourne... so how do I fix this jet lagg back on a New York time zone schedule? Or should I be worried I have some other problem? I'd rather not resort to sleep aids. Thanks
travelingthinker travelingthinker 26-30, M 9 Answers Dec 23, 2012 in Dreams

Ok early in the morning when the sun is about to rise wake up go outside an watch the sunrise. This will help reset the clock.

Also when it reaches Midday get a pair of dark sunglasses and put them on for the rest of the day. This fill fool the clock into thinking the day is ending quicker than it is.

Clear your bedroom of all entertainment devices, books and computers. You need to give your brain the message that your bedroom's only purpose is for sleeping in. Thus when you go into your bedroom your mind will start to turn off.

Install lights that you can adjust to make them dimmer. So after you have had dinner turn as many lights off as you can and dim the ones you need. This will also tell your brain that the day has come to an end and it is time for sleep.

Best Answer

If you can't fall asleep until early morning hours, the best way to get everything back is not to go to sleep that night at all, and NOT to sleep during the following day (that's the most crucial step!) and then in the evening, go to bed early and sleep the sleep of the dead. After that everything resets to normal. :)

Best Answer

You would need to force yourself to stay up until the bedtime you are aiming for. It might be difficult at first, but you'll get used to it.

Best Answer

never use the sunglasses. its a bad habit to get into. use a dark blanket to put over your window in those certain days. im a 4 year insomniac. it takes work to put up so u never want to get into the habit of doing it every night u stay up.

Best Answer

It would take a while.

But if you switch off and go to bed at a particular time every day , within a span of 3 weeks your schedule should get to normalcy ( in absence of any medical conditions which prevent you from sleeping).

Initially it is a bit boring, but trust me . It works. It worked with me.

Best Answer

That actually makes a lot of sense, my schedule has been a bit irregular lately. Thanks :-)

Best Answer

stay awake. Instead of letting yourself fall asleep at 6am, stay up all day until whatever time it would be normal for you to go to bed, and when you get in bed make sure you put away your phone and your laptop and any other distractions that could hold your attention, so that you can fall asleep in peace.

Best Answer

When you discover this answer could you please tell me?

Best Answer

Seriously? You want to ask those of us up at 3am?

Best Answer

Go to bed

Best Answer

Please don't mock my sleep problems

Best Answer

That was advice. Not mockery. Go to bed. Sleep according to your plan

Best Answer

You don't see the problem with telling someone who's having problems falling asleep on his desired schedule to just go to bed? Its not that simple when the body is telling you otherwise

Best Answer

Actually, it's sound advice. I have the same issue. But if we choose a time to sleep and position the body and mind to obey, the chances of it happening are far better than if we sit up and hope for sleepiness to dictate when we lie down.

Best Answer

At the end of the day, this is advice. You can choose to pick it up or choose to leave it. Don't get argumentative.

Best Answer

I ask for help, seek clarity on an ambiguous assertion and you accuse me of being argumentative? Next time consider your words more carefully

Best Answer

I am sleep deprived of course I'll be a little ticked off

Best Answer

I'll let that pass. Have fun.

Best Answer