I've officially stopped caring about other people that I don't know because everybody I try to do something nice for is.... well, is an *******. I also understand that caring is supposed to be good. How do I start caring about people again?
Seethatguy Seethatguy 18-21, M 5 Answers Dec 2, 2010

You learn to care about yourself first, then the people closest to you, then a wider circle, etc, etc, etc. You just have to look inside yourself and you will find what you thought was lost. Caring doesn't mean that you have to put yourself in the "line of fire." Sometimes caring means you walk away.

Best Answer

You never stopped caring, you just need some time

Best Answer

That's an excellent question and although I wouldn't say I'm where you are at I can sympathize. I would take it a step at a time and first focus on caring about your loved ones and family...if you have that down then branch out to one other person and it's okay to be picky! It's your emotions that are at stake right? I think it takes certain kinds of people to care about EVERYBODY. And if you can reach a level where you get past people being ******* and you can care about them anyway... now that is awesome.

Best Answer

That isn't non-caring. That's defending yourself, which proves that you actually care quite a bit. You care how other people treat you, and so you put up a defense that pretends not to care (apathy). Your equation of caring as "supposed to be good" indicates a shi.tty self esteem as well. <br />
Drop the act, understand that no one is trying to be an as.shole to you, they are just trying to protect their feelings, too. You live in a world of suffering people and if you interact with them, you will occasionally feel pain. There is nothing "wrong" with this. Accept pain with pleasure, continue to do and be done to, and understand that this is a very simple rule that life is played by that you can't avoid. Nor do you have a reason to. It's really a fun, unpredictable game that you don't have to take so seriously. <br />
And you won't when you drop the need to defend yourself so much.

Best Answer

WHen u find out, let me know.

Best Answer