When I was around 3 or 4 I was abused constantly by an old babysitter. Now that I'm 15 my life has been pretty swell for the most part, but I keep having more and more flashbacks of what happened to me when I was younger. As I remember more and more it's getting harder to repress and I don't really have anyone to talk to about this problem. How do I come to terms with what happened to me?
BubsyMcHoolihan BubsyMcHoolihan 13-15, M 9 Answers Feb 20, 2013 in Health

I had a similar experience when I was ten. It takes time. talk to someone you trust.... Forgive the babysitter, I know this is hard to do but you'll feel better in some ways once you do. You have to come to an understanding with yourself about what happened.

For example I was homeschooled in a small town, all the adults in the town thought I was stupid and told me so to my face. So did their children. If my parents where not with me then people thru things at me. Beer cans, rocks anything they could.

When I finished high school I sent a letter to my local newspaper about what had happened to me growing up. It didn't change anything, but it felt good to tell all these people that they hadn't won.

MSG me if you want to talk. I'll always listen and I won't judge you.

Best Answer

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I can't say I know what your exact situation is like but I do know what being alienated is like.

Best Answer

Talk to your principal, teacher, or school councillor about getting u in touch with a professional

Best Answer

Trick is to talk about it to someone who cherishes you... Because if you talk about it to just anyone, chances are they might enjoy your suffering and not let you heal... But talking about it is a way of healing. It has helped me with my past. And another thing, don't use your past as a cripple, it will ruin your life, trust... I did that a lot... And I never came to terms with it until someone brought the cripple to my attention.. It's not an easy process, but only if you actually want healing and do what it takes, it helps...

Best Answer

I don't really have people like that in my life. My mom's kind of busy with work, my dad can go to hell and my friends don't think it's a big deal since worse has happened to most of them.

Best Answer

Those "friends" aren't real friends.. **** them, trying to compare stories... Doesn't matter if theirs was worse, it still affected you in a drastic way, nobody deserves to go through that. **** them.... Sweetie, write about it... And jusst write your heart out. Or write to me.. Or message me, or even email me... You need to find an outlet that doesn't cause harm to yourself or others. Or even find a decent teacher you trust.. And give them the letter you write... Just let it out... But no matter what, never let anyone win over your life. It's your life and you take control of your emotions and if they're no good, let them out.. Scream if you have to, that doesn't hurt anybody, they might think you're crazy haha but just please never resort to hurting yourself or others

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice, and I think I should've worded that better. My friends do care, but they think it's not really the thing to talk about, they kind of think that it's the one thing you have to deal with on your own. For a while I did have an outlet but now I don't do it because it wasn't exactly constructive. Now I mostly just sleep. Thanks for the kind words, I think I'm going to take some time to think after reading all of the support I've gotten :]

Best Answer

See a therapist. Get it all out. You will feel stronger.

Best Answer

Talk to a school counselor. They can help you with ideas. Read books on it. It's coming back because you are ready to deal with it - at least that's my theory. Always remember, it can not actually hurt you now.

Best Answer

Just be glad that person taught you how NOT to treat others.

Best Answer