yeah I used to cry at that age when my mom or dad would leave me, I think that's pretty normal, just be patient and understanding and he'll grow out of that stage.

Best Answer

This may seem odd as he is only two but in language he might understand explain to him its not his fault as that may be what he is thinking and tell him she will come back. I am assuming she has left to finish her basic training at the moment not go to a conflict. When you are that young time is for ever. I know a little of what he may be feeling. At the age of three I was parted from mum and dad for ten days i stayed with my grandparents but they failed to realise what a three year old needs. He is lucky as he has his dad with him. Trust me what happens when you are small lives with you for ever. I cry even now thinking of being three and that was only ten days. Give him big hugs and try to distract him as well. Hope some of this helps.

Best Answer

Im his mom, but thx for the advice. I will try talking to him about it. As far as his dad goes, his dad doesnt help out the situation at all. His dad hates anyone i get into a relationship and therefore distances himself from my son whenever he talks too much about my gf. and yes, she is out there finishing basic training. So far. I am hoping they keep her state side, b/c it is gonna kill me if she gets deployed.

Best Answer