yes, do it when he's sober. don't take a movie of him. he probably already knows he's drinking too much. be loving, anger will get you nowhere. ultimately, it's his choice. good luck - it's difficult, i know, i've been there over and over.

Best Answer

I would not want to be your father's liver. It's so critical to healthy functioning and often it is the organ fatally stressed in diabetics OR alcoholics. A depressed diabetic who drinks is in the process of suicide.<br />
Try reading your question and some of these answers to him.

Best Answer

How about telling him that you are worried about his drinking and the effect its having on his health... Ask him, you want to help him, how can you help him? Ask what is going on with his life for him to be drinking? <br />
Do, it when hes sober obviously. Dont be confrontational about it.. might help if you talk to him first instead of the two of you.. He may take it as the both of your ganging up on him..<br />
Let your father know that you care for him and love him if that is the case..<br />
Best wishes to you and your family...

Best Answer

My stepfather was an alcoholic and my boyfriend drinks excessively,i've told him so many times to please cut down for his own good but he just tells me he likes to have his drinks,he really is not interested in cutting down so i have given up....<br />
Maybe your Father is different so you really do need to tell him how you feel and what it must be doing to his body,then i'm afraid its all up to him.<br />
All the Best.

Best Answer

I think , as already has been said, at some level he pobably knows he has a problem and drinks too much. Hes depressed and has gotten into a rut, what did he used to enjoy before his drinking escalated, has he any close friends, if so maybe one of them could speak to him and tell him of your concerns re his health, I just feel he may get defensive if you bring it up, either way it will have to be handled sensitively, I wish you the best of luck. x

Best Answer

You can tell him how you feel, however, my parents are both alcoholics. Nothing I ever said or did persuaded them to quit drinking. Your father has to want to quit himself. He has to "hit bottom". Then again, maybe not. He might just take into consideration your feelings and want to quit. Good Luck!! Ive been there.

Best Answer

you know your father personally, your best chance is to confront him in the way that you know he would be most responsive. dont make him feel as though he is being attacked. just start with, "you are my dad and I love you very much and thats why I think it is important.............

Best Answer

take a movie of him without him knowing then show it to him when hes sober .if that won't do it nothing will.show him how he acts drunk

Best Answer