i agree with liketysplit...

Best Answer

hmmm - your profile says you are 18-21 yet you have been in a relationship for 15 years and have 3 kids, one of whom is 11. Might there not be something amiss there.<br />
But to the question, you really don't need to explain all the ins and outs of your sexual orientation to the kids. Just explain why you and their father are separating - which you did to us already.<br />
And as you keep company with your new gf, let the kids ask questions as they are ready to. <br />
Don't lie, just keep the truth within age-appropriate levels. They will ask again later as they want to understand more.

Best Answer

Yes, I am using my friend's profile to post as I don't want to create my own!

Best Answer

Well if you've insisted on having so many children, you are going to have a problem convincing people you are a lesbian. <br />
I agree that you think you are at them moment, but you also thought you were straight for years.

Best Answer

I believe that there is a tendency on most of our part to explain too much to children, especially when we feel guilty or conflicted about a situation we have put them into. I recommend that you not go into all the details about the whys and wherefores with any of your children. Let them know that you and their father both still love them a great deal, that they (the children) played no role in your decision, which are adult decision made for reasons they are not yet capable of understanding. Let them know that you will never lie to them, and that you will answer any question they have as honestly as possible within their ability to understand. Then follow through. Do not offer up a lot of information. Answer their questions honestly, but do not overwhelm them with information they cannot yet understand.<br />
In as much as few 11 year olds are yet either interested in or very knowledgeable about sex and sexuality, all they need to know is that your girlfriend is a good friend. There is no need to address the sexual nature of the relationship, unless and until you are asked a specific question. Your children will ask when they are ready for the answer. They may figure things out before you tell them.<br />
I am not suggesting that you hide anything. You obviously are still exploring your own feelings and sense of freedom and that is a good thing. Just do not allow that to cause you to do things that will make your eleven year old uncomfortable with information she does not feel ready for as yet. Don't worry, she will let you know when the time is right to have that detail conversation, probably in about a year or two.

Best Answer

It's really none of their business beyond "mommy has a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend".

Best Answer

heavy.....I have no Idea, but that just sounds like a crazy situation! Umm, you could try just being straight up. Don't hold back and if they have questions show them what you mean scientifically or whatever. Damn, you are in a pickle....

Best Answer